The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pedals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are these still cable or are they now electronic?
They've used fly-by-wire throttle bodies for over a decade now, no more cable throttles from the factory.
The Ford accessory kit comes with a new accelerator pedal assembly. You need to undo the 3 bolts and the connector to remove and reverse the procedure to re-install. Instructions are on Ford's website: https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/IS_M-2301-BM.PDF
Like TMSBOSS said, the clutch and brake pedals are covers. They have rubber backings that slip over the thin metal pedals attached to the arms, but be careful not to overly contort the rubber when installing as you may crease the thin aluminum veneer.
As far as ease of install, it's straightforward but the difficulty rating is dependent on how much you like laying in the footwell of the cabin.
1672533175997.png

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
🤣🤣🤣…I’m not sure if that was a jab or a helpful suggestion.

JK…I know what you mean.

Any time I’m under the dash in the early cars, the seat is always out. On the ‘66 it’s only four nuts from underneath. On the race car it’s a half our to get the seat out.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
🤣🤣🤣…I’m not sure if that was a jab or a helpful suggestion.

JK…I know what you mean.

Any time I’m under the dash in the early cars, the seat is always out. On the ‘66 it’s only four nuts from underneath. On the race car it’s a half our to get the seat out.
It wasn't meant as a jab since we are about the same size. I can't get under the dash of mine with the seat in at all. The stock seats on mine are four bolts and some electrical connections. The race seats are four bolts and not electrical connections.

never seem to have any trouble getting under the dash in my Mach 1 or when I had the Boss 302S --- oh, yeh, I had my mechanic do it, never mind!
Getting down there was bad enough in any car!!!!!!!!!!!............or even in the back seat of the Boss to clean the window ( tried that ONLY once)...............getting back out/up is even tougher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......................:banghead:

TMO Supporting Vendors