The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Photobucket Users Please Read

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For some brilliant reason Photobucket is shaking down users who use their site for third party hosting. Fear not as TMO has photo hosting capabilities we added during the software upgrade. Use the "Upload a file" button for uploading photos from any device.

Just Say No to Photobucket.

IMG_1632.PNGIMG_1633.PNG

Another PB&Jammed Up "happy" customer affected. So I downloaded some stuff I had linked there. Deleted all my folders and deleted my account - in typical PB&Jammed Up fashion it took 30 minutes and multiple retries to get through all the menus. On the "exit" interview the reason I gave them for deleting my account was "Unhappy with their recent change, should have given notice of the change and should have said current hosted photo's will remain, future will require the new account. But to break them all - way to piss off your customers."

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
The sad thing is, with these changes and people bailing on Photobucket, all the photos for DYI and installs will be lost forever when researching things on this as well as other sites. To some of us, this is a major PITA and irritating as hell.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Always remember one thing. No one looks out for you like you do.

Buy a hard drive and store EVERYTHING which is important to you on it.

Yes, Photobucket is high on SUCK right now. If every copy of a photo you wanted to keep is on their servers, you put it there. What does a TB of memory cost now?? Less than a tank of gas on track days??

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Photobucket wont let me download or view my photos larger than a thumbnail. This is BS.

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
This isn't going to play out well for them....who could possibly be so short sited?

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Its a lot like the big mega businesses that I service who want to drag terms out 45, 60 and some 90 days. I'm like, why am I financing (insert corporate name here)? Can't you just pay me in a reasonable amount of time? So I tell them you do realize that everybody you pay this way is charging you extra to put up with the wait....right? And they all say "Yes we know that....we expect it. someone high up thinks this is a good idea but its costing them more than they are saving." So I charge them 25% to 50% more for the job and often make them pay a deposit before I begin work to cover materials. So, how much are you saving now you greedy jackasses?

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Its a lot like the big mega businesses that I service who want to drag terms out 45, 60 and some 90 days. I'm like, why am I financing (insert corporate name here)? Can't you just pay me in a reasonable amount of time? So I tell them you do realize that everybody you pay this way is charging you extra to put up with the wait....right? And they all say "Yes we know that....we expect it. someone high up thinks this is a good idea but its costing them more than they are saving." So I charge them 25% to 50% more for the job and often make them pay a deposit before I begin work to cover materials. So, how much are you saving now you greedy jackasses?

It nearly crippled them....they had to apologize and change it back. I doubt it will work out so well this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
They've unleashed the hounds of hell....let them be torn to bits.

I started getting all these popups when trying to use PB on numerous occasions and on different computers. So I tried getting a hold of someone there. Guess what? There's nobody to call or write. And now this. Asking $400 now for a service I've been paying for gladly for five or more years now - you can forget that. I honestly think they are trying to fail or go bankrupt. Somebody wants to shut the business down. Because there is no way in hell anyone there actually thinks that this is how you increase profits. No, they know that this is how you kill a business.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Got this in my email this morning:
ts.zendesk.com%2Fimages%2F2016%2Fdefault-avatar-80.png

Moss (Photobucket Support)

Jul 6, 8:29 AM MDT

Hello,

Thank you for feedback.

Photobucket continues to have the distinct pleasure of hosting 15 billion photos from 100 million unique users since inception fourteen years ago. In recent months, management has made some changes that will enable Photobucket to continue providing excellent services to our user base while maintaining an economically stable position.

In the past we’ve had solutions for everyone. From free users to paid subscriptions, there’s been an option for all types of people that care about their memories, blogs, or businesses. We continue to commit to offering free services as well as enterprise support, but we’ve needed to reinforce standards we’ve been historically lenient on.

It is our business to serve our users with valuable benefits that are otherwise very costly for us to support compared to our competitors, especially as it relates to third party image hosting. Starting several weeks ago, we began telling our users that the nature of how we work with them will be changing with the tide of the photo hosting environment via messaging in email, on site, etc. In staying true to our word, we’re asking that customers using our service as an image serving facility buy a subscription to continue with that level of service that has historically been overlooked for free users. This feature is a costly one, and we are asking our patrons to help support our infrastructure. We aren’t deleting photos or holding any photos at arm’s length for download; we are simply asking our non-paying users to join our subscription service to continue enjoying benefits of our site.

The subscriptions we are offering are price competitive for the greater photo hosting landscape, and we hope to bring additional functionality in the upcoming months to further delight our users that support their businesses with our service. We are continually evaluating our subscriptions, committing to the needs, feedback, and desires of our valued user base.

Sincerely,

Moss@Photobucket Support

Have a question about something else? Our help site is packed with articles to get the help you need quickly. Click this link to access our help site - http://support.photobucket.com/home.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel