The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pics of your Boss 302 or S197 Mustang at the track!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
E815D71C-395E-4EC1-9CF5-2269C3A83A23.jpeg

Hellcats are somethiong to be reckoned with, no matter what vesicle they happen to be in....I hate to see them go soon..........................................:nono:

hellcats
Must be like chasing a GT500 on the straight. I wanted to open the door and start flint stoning! 200+ extra hp is probably won't happen on the top end but depending on the driver mid range might be I different story.

NJ
How does your friend's Scat Pack handle? My friend has a Charger Hellcat and it wallows like a pig. He's one of those guys you want to pass in the curves but once on the straight he walks away. So glad he stays in Novice. Lol.
IMHO, the wide body cars handle better than you'd expect. Granted he has no fear out on track which helps tremendously. I was following him for while and you can see they won't hold quite the same line through mid corner. I was running between 1:49-1:51 on my better laps and he was running a pretty consistent 1:51-1:52 when we weren't stuck in traffic. There was another WBSC Charger there and I think he eventually ran a 1:50. This was a decent pace for the Intermediate group but some of the Advanced guys will run high 1:30's to low 1:40's from what I've seen.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
IMHO, the wide body cars handle better than you'd expect. Granted he has no fear out on track which helps tremendously. I was following him for while and you can see they won't hold quite the same line through mid corner. I was running between 1:49-1:51 on my better laps and he was running a pretty consistent 1:51-1:52 when we weren't stuck in traffic. There was another WBSC Charger there and I think he eventually ran a 1:50. This was a decent pace for the Intermediate group but some of the Advanced guys will run high 1:30's to low 1:40's from what I've seen.
I agree with this. Radford Racing School in Arizona uses the Hellcat Demon wide body. Their head instructor said they like the platform for training because you can really feel the movement/transfer of weight. I turned 20-25 laps and was pleasantly surprised with the handling.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel