The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pics of your Boss 302 or S197 Mustang at the track!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
NASA Nationals @ Laguna Seca
85DCDC8D-CB06-4D74-8551-BDA44A0F02B3.jpegE9C849BA-0E39-4E66-8398-4819508BA508.jpeg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Duane,
You need to get ahold of DaveW at solo performance.com and get some quality stickers and numbers and I do believe those you have are from Ductape Design, haha. Congrats on your Golden Track Anniversary !

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Nova Scotia
I spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday at my local track, Atlantic Motorsport Park here in Nova Scotia. My son did his lapping school (our region issues licenses for Lapping and Time Attack participants) and I ran 5 sessions myself. Today was regional race day, and our regular Safety Car driver called in sick, so I got to be the replacement. Photographer caught this shot during a restart- definitely my favourite picture of any of my cars to date. For those who are curious, that’s a 20 year old Pro Stock, followed by a newer Radical , a former Spec Miata, an E30, and an LS swapped 944 bringing up the rear while the rest of the pack has been waved by to catch the rear.

50B594B2-53C4-4B16-A41F-A24B268F0381.jpeg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I know we have had a few members of your Track Club ( since members own the Atlantic Motorsport Park ) sign in and post from Nova Scotia so great to see your pics and I hope we see more . Thanks for posting and great to have your son taking up your hobby. As another father who has been racing, autocrossing, etc. with my son , these will be some of the best years of your life and his ---- won't be long before he is beating you though, ha!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Nova Scotia
I know we have had a few members of your Track Club ( since members own the Atlantic Motorsport Park ) sign in and post from Nova Scotia so great to see your pics and I hope we see more . Thanks for posting and great to have your son taking up your hobby. As another father who has been racing, autocrossing, etc. with my son , these will be some of the best years of your life and his ---- won't be long before he is beating you though, ha!
It really is something I’m truly grateful to be able to share with him. He’s done 2 track days, and he’s only 2.8 seconds behind me. I had the opportunity today to be in the car during his first 4 wheel off, in the same turn making the same mistake that I made. Except I hit the concrete wall when I did it, and he kept his cool, heard me bark “Look where you want the car to go! Keep driving the car!” and he did it, got the car turned, drove around the gravel trap, and safely rejoined the track. Then I hollered “Great job! “ and punched him in the leg. He was a bit spooked, but had a great discussion with the event Steward, and got back out for another few laps before the session ended. I think he learned more in those 10-15 seconds than in the entire weekend.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors