The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Please Welcome Vorshlag Motorsports as a TMO Vendor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not much to report. We finished the prototypes for the S550 plate with OEM spring perch. Only one component survived unmodified from our original S550 design. But the stack height is as low as we can go on this style plate.

Our tester should have them installed and on track in the next week. If everything goes as planned, I'll be making a production run before the end of April.

B61G0063_merge-M.jpg

DSC_0450-M.jpg

DSC_0447-M.jpg

I can't wait until you start selling these! I have a few questions.

1) You mentioned only one part survived unmodified, meaning the prototype failed?

2) With the stack height you mention, does this mean the ride height will change? If so is their a way to remedy this since we're using non adjustable spring heights?

3) How much camber adjustment will your plates allow without modification to the strut tower?

4) The two adjustments you have for caster, how much does that give?

5) Can we still keep the strut tower brace without modification?

Thank you for all your hard work, engineering and testing to bring us the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) You mentioned only one part survived unmodified, meaning the prototype failed?
No, only one part from our original S550 design that we have been selling for the last year was used in the S550+OEM Spring design. None of the parts failed.

2) With the stack height you mention, does this mean the ride height will change? If so is their a way to remedy this since we're using non adjustable spring heights?
I've done everything I can to make the stack height as close to stock as I can. Compared to a new top mount it may raise the car about 50 thousands of an inch. That's less than 1/16".

3) How much camber adjustment will your plates allow without modification to the strut tower?
I believe we saw around -2.5 degrees on the stock suspension. If you lower the car, this affects camber.

About one degree of caster. Again, this changes with the ride height of the car.

Yes, it doesn't interfere with the camber plate and we use longer studs than stock so you can add things like braces or brackets to the strut tower without running out of thread.

modernbeat said:
No, only one part from our original S550 design that we have been selling for the last year was used in the S550+OEM Spring design. None of the parts failed.

I've done everything I can to make the stack height as close to stock as I can. Compared to a new top mount it may raise the car about 50 thousands of an inch. That's less than 1/16".

I believe we saw around -2.5 degrees on the stock suspension. If you lower the car, this affects camber.

About one degree of caster. Again, this changes with the ride height of the car.

Yes, it doesn't interfere with the camber plate and we use longer studs than stock so you can add things like braces or brackets to the strut tower without running out of thread.

#2 lol. .050 is nothing I originally thought you meant .5" or so.
Thank you for answering all my questions.

Very nice. I look forward to your update comparing the R to standard GT350 springs.

Just ordered mine!!!! Wooohoooo!!!! I also have a GT350 track pack with R front and rear springs. Can't wait to get these on! Thanks Jason!
Scott.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keeping my fingers crossed that you run a Holiday Sale this winter on your 18x11 wheels for the S197 Mustang.

Time to upgrade from the OEM GT500 18x9.5 wheels to something wider and lighter for a set of 305/35-18s! :)

TMO Supporting Vendors