The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

(POLL) Car-Inspection Frequency

How often do you check your cars mechanicals and fluids (Tires, Brakes, Suspension ,safety gear,etc)

• (1x) Before an event

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (2x) Before an event and after

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • (3x) Before, During and after an event

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • (>3x) any more than standard periodic checks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I will admit that during an event the main things I will check are the tires/ wheels and the engine oil. Keep in mind, though, that changing the wheels allows one to check your pads and wheel well areas along with those rubber round things. Checking the engine oil allows one to look over other things under the hood, so those who think that they do not check much at the track there is likely a quick rethink concerning this. In fact, once you stop and consider the many things you do while even just getting in and out of the car, most conscientious Trackrats will realize they are looking over many other things and this is how it should be. Checking prior to an event is a no brainer one would think, yet I am surprised at how many show up at tracks with pads shot, tires marginal, and they have driven/trailered a long way to participate.

The graph/poll shows us that most folks are doing exactly what they should when racing their Pony!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel