The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

PP, MP & TT Car Info?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7500RPM said:
Time flies very quickly when it comes to the car hobby and especially for me with these Boss 302 cars.

Hard to believe that Pilot Production PP0001 which is a 2012 Boss 302 LS was built exactly 5 years ago today and that PP0002 was built the very next morning on October 26th, 2010.

Of course PP0003 thru PP0012 were all also built on October 26th, 2010.

Interesting to note that the engines for each of these first two PP cars were assembled way back in July of 2010.

:)

I'll bet they spent some time on the engine dyno at Ford.

superhero said:
I'll bet they spent some time on the engine dyno at Ford.

Who knows but suggest that they did not.

The Boss engines that spent a lot of time on the dyno's at Ford would have been much earlier than these 2 display cars.

The very early VP and TT cars would have engines that spent a lot of time on the dyno and then installed in the very early Boss cars.

Project "747" which was the internal code name for the Boss 302 program at Ford started back in 2008 with 2009 having most of the testing done on these new Boss engines so by mid 2010 these engines were pretty much ready to go.

The 12 PP cars were more display and executive cars and of the 5 known PP cars only one had high mileage and that is PP0004 otherwise the other 4 had very low mileage on them.

PP0001 had engine #20 installed in it with PP0002 having engine #10 installed in it.

I can tell you one thing and that is both engines run real well and prior to putting them away I regularly ran then up to the 7500 RPM redline and in fact of the 8 Boss cars that I have owned certainly PP0002 seems to have the strongest engine of the whole bunch based on having logged a lot of miles in these Boss cars.

PP0002 attended the NASCAR Experience Tour in 2011 which involved 16 NASCAR races during the year. I regularly see the caretaker who took care of this car in 2011 and has become a friend who took care of this car during the entire 2011 NASCAR season and has told me some interesting stories about this display car which was delivered to me with just over 200 miles on the odometer.

;)

7500RPM - thank you for that interesting information! I wonder if PP0002 has some special work done on the engine (or a non-EPA compliant ECU tune?) or if it had a 'hard' break-in, which resulted in more power?

Either way, I enjoy hearing your inside knowledge about these cars. Thank you!

John

Champale said:
7500RPM - thank you for that interesting information! I wonder if PP0002 has some special work done on the engine (or a non-EPA compliant ECU tune?) or if it had a 'hard' break-in, which resulted in more power?

Either way, I enjoy hearing your inside knowledge about these cars. Thank you!

John

John, thank you for your comments and your guess is as good as mine with respect to PP0002 having had some special tuning or some sort extra performance but I absolutely cannot wait each time in order to get this car out when I stretch it's legs.

Each time I drive this car it seems something very special even with PP0001 being a Laguna Seca model.

One day I might find out why this cars performance is extra special?

Cheers!

And I thought I was bad having owned a 2012 Boss and now a 2013 Laguna - you've had EIGHT of them!?! That's amazing.

I've owned and driven a LOT of sports cars and I can honestly say the Bosses are the most fun cars I've ever driven so I can understand you having 8 of them. The perfect marriage of old school muscle car with new school chassis. Oh, and plus they are a legitimate continuation of one of the coolest cars ever made - original Boss 302 - which makes them eminently cool in my eyes.

You could always datalog your cars and send them to someone like Shaun@AED and have him tell you what's going on with the tunes they have.

Champale said:
And I thought I was bad having owned a 2012 Boss and now a 2013 Laguna - you've had EIGHT of them!?! That's amazing.

I've owned and driven a LOT of sports cars and I can honestly say the Bosses are the most fun cars I've ever driven so I can understand you having 8 of them. The perfect marriage of old school muscle car with new school chassis. Oh, and plus they are a legitimate continuation of one of the coolest cars ever made - original Boss 302 - which makes them imminently cool in my eyes.

You could always datalog your cars and send them to someone like Shaun@AED and have him tell you what's going on with the tunes they have.

Yes, these Boss 302 Mustangs are very cool cars and I feel very fortunate to have had the experience with many of them. Luckily I still own three 2012 Boss cars which consists of PP0001/0002 and LS076 which is an early build 2012 Laguna Seca. The other 5 were all sold to friends with 2 of the 2013 Laguna Seca's going to car buddies in Canada as that country did not allow the 2013 LS cars into Canada.

Recently I was very fortunate to drive a GT350 and GT350R at Sebring and they are outstanding vehicles and obviously will out perform our Boss cars on a road course.

Having said that our Boss 302 cars are not that much slower than the new Shelby's in terms of acceleration but as we know the strong point of both cars is the overall balance for each automobile.

I personally do not purchase cars for straight line acceleration but more for steering, braking, handling, styling and of course acceleration. Our Boss 302 cars have all of those characteristics and certainly so does the new Shelby's especially the "R" model. I could feel a significant difference with the "R" model when it came to tight turns and sharp cornering as the adhesion and lateral grip was certainly better on the "R" model. Also with the "R" model being a little lighter in weight than the regular GT350 that helps in all areas as well.

With respect to exhaust note for each car they are both terrific but so different but I can say that I still enjoy the exhaust note just as much or more on my Boss 302 cars and much of that has to do with the quad exhaust with having the side baffles removed.

Can't wait for the Shelby's to arrive and then I can do a much better comparison for each of these outstanding Mustangs.

8)

That is excellent information about the 350. I really, really want an R but I just cant see getting rid of my LS for one at this point, even if the R is a quantum leap 'better' than a Boss. I refuse to pay ADM. Plus, I still love my LS and don't intend on ever getting rid of it and I don't have the money or the space right now to squeeze in another 'toy' car. How many 350s will you be receiving?

I definitely look forward to hearing your impressions of the R when you get it. I tried to sign up for the driving events but was one of the unlucky ones who got the notice AFTER they had already been filled. Thanks a lot, Ford! Oh well, it's probably best because otherwise I probably would have been reduced to a blubbering idiot after driving the 350 and would have done something rash like pay an ADM for one.

Oh, and I just realized I used the wrong word - meant to say eminently, not imminently, cool about the original B302. My English teacher is rolling in her grave as a result.

Champale said:
That is excellent information about the 350. I really, really want an R but I just cant see getting rid of my LS for one at this point, even if the R is a quantum leap 'better' than a Boss. I refuse to pay ADM. Plus, I still love my LS and don't intend on ever getting rid of it and I don't have the money or the space right now to squeeze in another 'toy' car. How many 350s will you be receiving?

I definitely look forward to hearing your impressions of the R when you get it. I tried to sign up for the driving events but was one of the unlucky ones who got the notice AFTER they had already been filled. Thanks a lot, Ford! Oh well, it's probably best because otherwise I probably would have been reduced to a blubbering idiot after driving the 350 and would have done something rash like pay an ADM for one.

Oh, and I just realized I used the wrong word - meant to say eminently, not imminently, cool about the original B302. My English teacher is rolling in her grave as a result.

Don't give up on getting into one of these GT350 North American Track Tours as they are a great time and very well set up by Ford Performance.

I understand that next year Ford will hold more of these same events next year so suggest that you contact FP at some point and ask if you can be put on the list for next year?

Hopefully an "R" model will be available to you sometime in the near future and at MSRP or close and that the timing for you will work out?

You will definitely enjoy the R model and will really compliment your Boss 302 Laguna Seca. I am with you as I absolutely love these Laguna Seca's and unless something drastic happens I do not plan to let them go for some time.

As far as the GT350's I was fortunate to land a 2015 model #77 and the R model VIN ends in 319 and not scheduled to build until the end of November. I am patiently waiting for car #77 to show up as it is the only 2015 Track Pack model to come in Black with Blue stripes. Hopefully it is being shipped this week?

;)

Wow that is great about your 2 2015 GT350s! Black with blue will look fantastic.

And that is a good idea for me to contact FR about next year's track tour. I am near COTA which would be nice, although going somewhere on the other side of the country would be fun, too.

I was able to get my Laguna under MSRP 3 years ago (at the time, it seemed like people were still paying ADMs) so maybe I can luck into an R at some point. Funnily enough, I am meeting with a contractor this week about "how big a garage can I build?" One can never have enough space, right? Hah.

Champale said:
Wow that is great about your 2 2015 GT350s! Black with blue will look fantastic.

And that is a good idea for me to contact FR about next year's track tour. I am near COTA which would be nice, although going somewhere on the other side of the country would be fun, too.

I was able to get my Laguna under MSRP 3 years ago (at the time, it seemed like people were still paying ADMs) so maybe I can luck into an R at some point. Funnily enough, I am meeting with a contractor this week about "how big a garage can I build?" One can never have enough space, right? Hah.

Good luck with building a nice big garage and also getting one of these "R" models sometime down the road.

Also, I am sure you will continue to enjoy your LS just as I do as they are just tremendous automobiles.

If you want send me a PM with your contact info and if I come across a good deal on an R model I will pass it along to you.

Cheers!

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Chicago IL
Hello - Looking for any information in my 2012 LS MP0007? Seems like a great forum that I can find out more history of my car - or who to reach out to. Look forward to any feedback!

Exp. Level
20+ Years
Houston
After recently purchasing MP0011 I started scouring data for preproduction 2012’s. This is the data I have compiled so far from various sources. Some of the data is incomplete due to the source either stating plate number/VIN/color or some portion of the three. Sometimes I would just happen to see an intake/engine photo with no reference to the car color.
It is entirely possible this list has been compiled before by someone (PTRocks) and I haven’t found it yet. If so, I hope someone can point me in the direction of it. If not, hopefully someone can help me filling in some of the missing holes and correcting errors. Especially in the MP cars. Thanks!

12 PP cars.
PP0001 #199915 Laguna
PP0002 #?? PW
PP0003 #?? CO
PP0004 #?? CO
PP0005 #199916 Black Laguna
PP6-12 ???

44 MP cars
At least 13 LS (including the GB auction car)

MP01 #199927 PW
MP02 #199928 IS LS
MP04 #199930 BY
MP05 #199947 Blk LS
MP06 #199984 CO/B
MP07 #199971 IS LS
MP08 #199929 YB
MP11 #199931 KB
MP12 #199943 CO
MP13 #199___ Blk LS
MP15 #199944 CO/Blk
MP16 #199___ Blk LS
MP18 #199933 ??
MP19 #199___ LS
MP23 #199___ PW
MP26 #199936 PW
MP28 #199___ Blk LS
MP30 #199964 CO
MP32 #199938
MP33 #199962 Red
MP34 #199980 Blk LS
MP36 #199967 YB
MP37 #199___ IS LS
MP38 #199959 KB
MP39 #199940 Red
MP42 #199965 CO
MP44 #199___ YB
MP?? #199982 Grabber Blue JDRF charity auction car.
Missing information on MP003, 9, 10, 14, 17, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 28, 29, 31, 35, 40, 41 and 43. One of these are the JDRF car.

Last edited:
I have come across 2012 MP0029 being up for sale again, but I would like to question it’s history, but not ownership history though.

The current Selling Entity is claiming that this vehicle was used during the 2010/2011 time period by Ford on a Rotisserie for its introduction rollout and display purposes. The Selling Entity is including a framed collage, with one image showing a B302 on a rotisserie, on its side, showing the chassis.

The problem with this claim is, MP0029 is NOT “that” vehicle in the image in the presented collage. The actual vehicle in the image is that of a Silver/Red B302 Laguna Seca, which is in this hyperlink reference (go to below link, scroll below the article to see all the pics of the then new B302, including multiple images of the “rotisserie” car):
http://gtcarlot.com/news.php?article=35549949

I’m not new to the Mustang arena, in fact, I’ve owned (20) to date, including a current 94 Cobra and a 2018 S550. I’ve been a member of quite a few very well known Mustang forums for many years where I’ve provided a lot of tech and participated within the communities, including the B302 Registry.

I searched online for “MP0029”, which brought me here. I’ve read every single thread on this site that references MP0029. I’ve not been able to find any conclusive evidence that MP0029 was ever used as a Ford Rotisserie display vehicle - and it isn’t the vehicle purported to be in the classified ad photo seen in the above referenced hyperlink.

Can anyone refute the findings, or provide any other facts about MP0029?

Does anyone know if Ford had other B302's that were also displayed in a similar manner and if so, was it a B302 or B302LS (and what colors)?

I’d hate to see a potential buyer thinking they are getting some “display” vehicle, which could be far from the truth, especially since the picture being used for the claim is not MP0029, and is of a Silver/Red B302 Laguna Seca.

Thanks for the platform to note the above findings.

Link to current sale with claim:
“For consignment, a pre production 2012 Boss 302 Mustang that has the unique distinction of being displayed at Ford on a rotisserie to show off its unique quad exhaust.”
Images from the ad (I don’t know if links to advertisers are allowed, but the car can be easily found via googling):
View attachment 83732
View attachment 83733View attachment 83734

The same rotisserie image from the first hyperlink showing the 2012 B302 Silver/Red Laguna Seca:
View attachment 83735

I have come across 2012 MP0029 being up for sale again, but I would like to question it’s history, but not ownership history though.

The current Selling Entity is claiming that this vehicle was used during the 2010/2011 time period by Ford on a Rotisserie for its introduction rollout and display purposes. The Selling Entity is including a framed collage, with one image showing a B302 on a rotisserie, on its side, showing the chassis.

The problem with this claim is, MP0029 is NOT “that” vehicle in the image in the presented collage. The actual vehicle in the image is that of a Silver/Red B302 Laguna Seca, which is in this hyperlink reference (go to below link, scroll below the article to see all the pics of the then new B302, including multiple images of the “rotisserie” car):
http://gtcarlot.com/news.php?article=35549949

I’m not new to the Mustang arena, in fact, I’ve owned (20) to date, including a current 94 Cobra and a 2018 S550. I’ve been a member of quite a few very well known Mustang forums for many years where I’ve provided a lot of tech and participated within the communities, including the B302 Registry.

I searched online for “MP0029”, which brought me here. I’ve read every single thread on this site that references MP0029. I’ve not been able to find any conclusive evidence that MP0029 was ever used as a Ford Rotisserie display vehicle - and it isn’t the vehicle purported to be in the classified ad photo seen in the above referenced hyperlink.

Can anyone refute the findings, or provide any other facts about MP0029?

Does anyone know if Ford had other B302's that were also displayed in a similar manner and if so, was it a B302 or B302LS (and what colors)?

I’d hate to see a potential buyer thinking they are getting some “display” vehicle, which could be far from the truth, especially since the picture being used for the claim is not MP0029, and is of a Silver/Red B302 Laguna Seca.

Thanks for the platform to note the above findings.

Link to current sale with claim:
“For consignment, a pre production 2012 Boss 302 Mustang that has the unique distinction of being displayed at Ford on a rotisserie to show off its unique quad exhaust.”
Images from the ad (I don’t know if links to advertisers are allowed, but the car can be easily found via googling):
View attachment 83732
View attachment 83733View attachment 83734

The same rotisserie image from the first hyperlink showing the 2012 B302 Silver/Red Laguna Seca:
View attachment 83735
I might be able to help you with some information on some of these TT, PP and MP cars based on having owned 3 Pilot Production Boss 302's and have viewed many Mass Production examples in person and locating Tooling Tryout "TT0001" some years ago.

Send me a PM with you contact information after which time hopefully we can go from there.

TMO Supporting Vendors