The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

PP1 shortcomings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Also re-reading the post, in stock form the downforce the car generates at speed is really impressive. Electronically limited at Daytona the car becomes so planted its almost eerie.
The stock suspension might seem overly compliant but when you focus on lines and loading the suspension up the car just squats and grips in stock form. But they are also very fun in stock form when you toss them around and keep them unsettled.

a little update, i installed these things to lock out the IRS cradle bushings. it eliminated all perceivable wheel hop and made the rear entirely predictable without adding any perceivable NVH. i love the way this thing moves so i won't be changing anything mechanical until i find a reason to. i want a set of 19x10 wheels all around just so i can carry an identical full size spare for road trips.

1669257409077.png

I just ordered this for peace of mind. kinda silly ford wouldn't let us put em in the cart when we order the higher performance cars.
its supposed to be the same diameter as the rear tires to keep the diff from exploding or something.
1669406302786.png

TMO Supporting Vendors