The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Proper Sendoff for f13r's trying Hoosier A7's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Middleton Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Middleton, Wisconsin
Had a proper sendoff with my 3r's. Switching to Hoosier A7 to try to get into the 2:1X's at Road America. Anyone else have good luck with the Hoosier A7's.

Check out this Video of destroying the 3r's. The dyno plug worked well. Disconnected all traction control stability control.

F13R Burnout/Donut until tire fails

9BC0C18E-1C8B-4B20-BF53-53645BC086DE.jpeg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Blacksheep 1 will tell you that the A7 is the only way to go for a DOT Competition Tire and I seriously doubt anyone will argue that fact! Pretty much the " Gold Standard " and for those of use who want a bit longer track life , the R7 is easily the " Silver Standard!"

Good luck and I am sure Middleton, Wisconsin is one town in the Cheese, Beer, and Brat State with nary a Mosquito -- smoke em out!

Middleton Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Middleton, Wisconsin
Blacksheep 1 will tell you that the A7 is the only way to go for a DOT Competition Tire and I seriously doubt anyone will argue that fact! Pretty much the " Gold Standard " and for those of use who want a bit longer track life , the R7 is easily the " Silver Standard!"

Good luck and I am sure Middleton, Wisconsin is one town in the Cheese, Beer, and Brat State with nary a Mosquito -- smoke em out!.
All the brats beer and cheese you need haha. Thanks for the feedback. Can’t wait to test them out. Hoping to gain 2-3 seconds at RA

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Listen to Blacksheep, I am pretty confident my recent success beating a previous track record was listening to him and running lower cold temps than I have been running in the past. In fact , Blacksheep, in case I haven't told you , thanks for the low down on pressure advice --- it worked!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel