The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Purchased the TruFiber GT4 GT350 Carbon Fiber hood for 2021 use (lets see how this goes)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoenix now has their GT3500 vent on their website. Not sure how reliable these guys are, always skeptical of spending large sums with a company who's official corporate e-mail is just a gmail account.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Columbus, IN
I have been looking at this hood from trufiber as well, but I have been concerned about water and the air filter since I have a open filter. Still waiting for the person that tuned my car to respond since I may swap to a sealed airbox. Have you been having any issues with rain getting into the engine bay too much?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Alta Loma, CA
I have been looking at this hood from trufiber as well, but I have been concerned about water and the air filter since I have a open filter. Still waiting for the person that tuned my car to respond since I may swap to a sealed airbox. Have you been having any issues with rain getting into the engine bay too much?
I have only driven in the rain one time and had no issues. The gt500 airbox kept my filter dry and I had no worries. The nice part about the 500 airbox is you can buy a kit from

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Alta Loma, CA
I have only driven in the rain one time and had no issues. The gt500 airbox kept my filter dry and I had no worries. The nice part about the 500 airbox is you can buy a kit from
The nice part about the 500 airbox is you can buy a complete kit from Levittown Ford and they provide forum members a discount. You can complete the conversion for less than $200.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
It's fairly simple to close off the top of open airboxes with plexi or lexan. This also ensures you're not sucking hot engine room air into the engine. The Ford open airbox doesn't seal to the hood very well especially given all the hood flutter issues there are. I have 3 louvers in the stock aluminum hood and have gone through several monsoon-ish downpours with no issues at all. I also drilled out the holes in the grille where the air inlet is to ensure it's getting maximum air flow.
This is on a '16, I'm not sure how that area is on the '18s and up.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Yes taking some hints from other racers I spent the time and created my own plexglass top. Wasn't that hard but was time consuming.
You did a way nicer job on that lid than I did, mine is pretty ghetto compared to yours.
The edge protection stuff gives a nicely finished look and is functional, I can testify that lexan edges can definitely draw blood!
Kudos!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel