The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Question on FoMoCo Adjustable Track Bar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Pittsburgh PA
Any recommendations on which side (axle or frame) to mount the adjustment nuts and which way to orient the bar ends since they are not symmetrical as compared to the stock track bar.

Thanks!

59F2017E-FE8C-4295-9838-16789D215E01.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Pittsburgh PA
I just noticed the adjustable track bar is the same length as the stock bar fully adjusted “in”. Due to the geometry, I would have thought I’d be able to make the adjustable track bar shorter than the stock bar when lowering the rear to keep the axle centered.
It’ll be a while before I have weight on the rear and doing adjustments.

Any thoughts / comments?

8567859F-39D8-4EF9-99E2-446EC447FB7F.jpeg

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
That’s special. I bought the same part and did not have the same results. My PHB was shorter. You may want to call ford performance and see what they can do for you. See if they have measurements you can use to compare.
Beermomey has my old bar.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors