The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Register Your GT350 Here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We're a ways off but when the time comes in Fall 2015 please post the following information:

[Model Year] = 2016
[VIN - full vin or last six digits only] = 225815
[GT350 or GT350R Serial #] = 0849
[Build Date - from window sticker] = 2016=16/09/01
[Blend Number] = 5731
[Commit number - see pics] = 4001
[Rapid Spec Option] = XXXX
[Paint Colour] = White
[Stripe Colour] = Black
[Options] = N/A
[Owner's Name - or forum name if you wish] = STIG302
[Owner's current state or province] = Virginia

Model year - 2015
VIN - 1FA6P8JZXF5520077
GT350 - #77
Build date - Week of July 20th
Blend Number - TBD
Commit Number - TBD
Paint Color - Shadow Black
Stripe Color - Blue W/Black Accent
Options - Track Package
Owners Name - PP0001
State - South Carolina

NFSBOSS said:
Nice. How did you come by a 2015 GT350 allocation?

Let's just say that I feel very blessed, honored and grateful to the Ford brand in order be given this tremendous opportunity for owning a 50th Anniversary Shelby GT350. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time and certainly having bought a lot of Mustangs over the last ~ 45 years certainly helped.

I have been purchasing Ford brand vehicles since the 1960's with my first car being a '67 Mercury Cougar. I have been very fortunate to own at least one Mustang from each of the 6 generations with this latest generation 2015 Shelby Mustang obviously being very special and at the top of the list.

I had 3 separate opportunities to purchase a '65 Shelby GT350 back in the early 90's when I could have purchased each of them for around $50,000 from two of my car buddies and passed on each one so this opportunity to purchase a 50th Anniversary GT350 is very special to me.

Thanks for your comments and can't wait to take delivery of #77 hopefully in August or September?

:)

Propilot

Support your local MS Society Chapter
7500RPM,
Document everything
If possible show up the day of delivery at the dealership. Photograph the vehicle on the trailer. keep the shipping covers and rubber/foam shipping bumpers. I have hundreds of photos of my BOSS LS being built and also have all the assembly line build sheets. All this plays into the documentation of the vehicle you have and its uniqueness.

Propilot said:
7500RPM,
Document everything
If possible show up the day of delivery at the dealership. Photograph the vehicle on the trailer. keep the shipping covers and rubber/foam shipping bumpers. I have hundreds of photos of my BOSS LS being built and also have all the assembly line build sheets. All this plays into the documentation of the vehicle you have and its uniqueness.

Great suggestion as far as taking pictures of the vehicle on the delivery trailer so will try to make that happen. The trick is to be there when the truck arrives and I live 110 miles away from where the car is being delivered to but will do my best.

I always keep all my shipping covers, factory decals, etc. for my cars and so much easier when you can do when the car arrives direct from the factory versus trying to make that happen after the fact.

When I took delivery of PP0001 some 2 1/2 years ago which is a black 2012 Boss LS I had to start from scratch and quickly went to people such as DST, Ford Racing and the Flat Rock plant for help on documentation. With the car being built back in October of 2010 I started out in a tough position with respect to obtaining original documentation etc. I had some great support from various parties and when I located PP0002 some 6 months later that was even more difficult.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.

:)

Going with competition orange, black roof, and tech pack

I really wanted the track pack but I'm not high school skinny and have rather wide hips. Sat in my buddy's EVO and my bones were sitting on the side bolsters :-(

Got word from my dealer today. He talked to his regional rep and his allocation won't be pulled for a vin until Q4 so I'm hopeful I'll see it by end of year but that may be optimistic. Small dealer with only 1 allocation. All the big boys charging ADM get to the front of the line unfortunately. Oh well, I've waited this long...what's a few more months lol

Backorder said:
Going with competition orange, black roof, and tech pack

I really wanted the track pack but I'm not high school skinny and have rather wide hips. Sat in my buddy's EVO and my bones were sitting on the side bolsters :-(

Got word from my dealer today. He talked to his regional rep and his allocation won't be pulled for a vin until Q4 so I'm hopeful I'll see it by end of year but that may be optimistic. Small dealer with only 1 allocation. All the big boys charging ADM get to the front of the line unfortunately. Oh well, I've waited this long...what's a few more months lol

That competition orange is killer and with that black roof, black wheels, black mirrors and black spoiler on an orange background that will be some looking car.

Your car will be well worth the wait!!!

Propilot said:
7500RPM,
Document everything

Congratulations on the 2015 GT350. That should be an incredible looking car!

Another thing to save is the .pdf file of the window sticker from the Ford website. I think in the future it might be worth as much as the actual sticker itself!

I managed to get photos and videos of my Boss coming off the trailer, which was cool. I didn't think to save any of the shipping material though.

Edited on Jan 8, 2016 to add that this is my order that the dealer ended up with NO R allocation and the order was revoked by Ford 7 months after placing it.

12c04bd8-e3b4-44b4-a9f1-5ae895537342_zps4vwdemag.png

Model year - 2016
VIN - 521996
Build date - Week of Jan 11 (Carroll Shelby’s birthday)
Paint Color – Avalanche gray
Stripe Color - White
Options - Track Package
Owners Name – C7 B8
State - Oregon

Model year - 2016
VIN - 521356
Chassis - G0959
Build date - Week of Nov 18
Paint Color – DIB
Stripe Color - Black
Options - Tech Package