The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Removing EVAP system questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Can anyone give some input on what is exactly needed to remove the EVAP canister and lines on a 2018-2021 Mustang GT? Want to remove in preparation for fuel cell install but don't want a bunch of codes and possible limp modes. Looking to remove now for the minor weight savings before the cell work later this year.
Thanks
Steve

TX
Can anyone give some input on what is exactly needed to remove the EVAP canister and lines on a 2018-2021 Mustang GT? Want to remove in preparation for fuel cell install but don't want a bunch of codes and possible limp modes. Looking to remove now for the minor weight savings before the cell work later this year.
Thanks
Steve
You will need a tune to suppress the codes. As far as I know, there aren't any plug that will "trick" the computer.

Mine's a GT350, but I just remove all the hoses, bought a PBH block off plate for the intake, and then removed the canister in the back. Had to add a vent line with check valve.

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
You will need a tune to suppress the codes. As far as I know, there aren't any plug that will "trick" the computer.

Mine's a GT350, but I just remove all the hoses, bought a PBH block off plate for the intake, and then removed the canister in the back. Had to add a vent line with check valve.
Thanks honeybadger. I will contact my tuner and let him know what I'm planning.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Just curious, but are those codes harmless MIL annoyances like missing o2 sensors, or OK button ones like TPMS or something worse and restrictive?

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Steve did this evap/canister delete work out for you, no codes, etc. after your tuner updated for it?
Haven't done it yet. Other problems like engine and trans replacements have made this a busy race season.
Maybe in the winter.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel