The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Replace the factory rear Spoiler with an Pedestral GT/CS, Laguna Seca Spoiler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PART 1

I share here my experience, I've made by the replacement from the original boss spoiler to the GT/CS, Laguna Seca rear spoiler.

first it needs the right mood, your favorite music, good beer and a lot of time. again: take enough time!! and read the instructions!!!

34891ADE-A922-40D8-A32B-58ABBF3272AE_zpsaik5jx5z.jpg

A58CAB26-3E10-472D-A13D-982BCDDE0265_zpsjugomttv.jpg

I have used this tools:

- a thin (0.8mm) nylon thread from a lawn trimmer
- a 19mm hole-saw with a 8 mm centerdrill
- a strong painter tape
- Nylon Trim Tool Set
- 3 + 8mm drill
- file
- hot air gun
- cordless drill
- touch up paint
- rtv gasket
- all the other tools thats listet on the Instructions

P1010815_zps93d7f885.jpg

i did this on a clean, dustfree car;-)

remove the factory spoiler:

remove the cover inside from the decklid and the 2 plugs that cover the nut. the plugs will be reused! don't trow it away
carefully remove the 4 nuts.

P1010819_zpsf5d6b2e5.jpg

cover the spoiler and the decklid with the painter-tape and some blankets.

P1010824_zps4c6d809a.jpg

P1010822_zps2e984e09.jpg

use a 15 inch long piece from the nylonthread and begin on a side carefully to go between the decklid and the spoiler. pull up slightly on the same end on the spoiler helps to do this.

if you have the thread between make sawing motions until reaching of the first pin.(run the thread slightly towards spoiler and not to the decklid!!!) slightly pull up the spoiler everytime. use one of the nylon trim tools.
cut as much as possible around the pin and push through the thread after the pin. use the nylon trim tools to pull up the spoiler everytime.

once more: take your time to do this!!!!

P1010827_zpsb1624594.jpg

P1010825_zpsd8401435.jpg

when the spoiler is removed clean the decklid.

P1010828_zps6f9c8535.jpg

Looks great, I wish the previous owner who installed mine took the time you did... Where did you get the plugs to cover the openings on the bottom of the deck lid
http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/Andreas_Buehler/GHIG%20BOSS%20302/P1010885_zps2e15cf86.jpg

My OEM kit came with plugs for the two new holes on the outer edges of the decklid.

SeattleBoss said:
For those of you that have replaced the stock spoiler with the LS version, what paint did you use on it? I want to shoot with something that is very durable and close to the color and texture of the stock wing.

When I painted mine I painted it with coats of Ford Black then went over it with matte clear. It turned out as close to factory as can possibly imagine. I hope this helps. I'm sure I still have the paint to actually give you precise colors if need be. I looked high and low to find the specific color Ford used for the spoiler and it was not listed anywhere.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
Having the exact Ford part numbers would be very helpful. My local dealer parts counter didn't have a clue. Just curious how many coats of each did you use?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel