The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Logan, UT
Currently eyeballing two baffled road race pans for my 2013 GT. A year ago at an autocross event, I spun out in a slalom section, and starved my engine of oil. I am finally replacing bearings, and at the same time will be doing long tubes and an upgraded oil pan. The two options I have found are Canton 401302 and Moroso 20572. I have seen threads regarding the Moroso unit, but was unable to find any info on the Canton pan. I understand I would need a modified dipstick and gasket if I were to purchase it, but don't know if it has the same type trap door system as the Moroso. I have a couple weeks before I make the decision, just thought I would come here for some insight. Thanks!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
If you will be replacing the oil pump also, this may be another option.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Logan, UT

I didn't realize this was an option. Thank you! I will still need to upgrade my OPG if I purchase this kit, correct?

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Logan, UT

I guess I should edit my response to ask if you are sure it will work with my 13 GT, as it's not listed on the compatability list.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Canton 401302 and Moroso 20572
It looks like that Canton number is an American Muscle stock number - based on the pics it looks like Canton #15-734, which has a removable baffle, as opposed to 15-730 which has a welded-in baffle. The Moroso #20571 in steel will save you money over the 20572 aluminum pan, and may hold up to road debris and off-track excursions better. The Canton pans hold 7 qts.; the Moroso pans hold 8. Looks like all have trap doors. If the manufacturer's pictures are typical of production parts, the welding on the Moroso pans looks much nicer. The Moroso steel pan is cheapest at Summit & Jegs, so I'd probably go with that.

Since both Canton and Moroso are located in CT, buying either one helps fund my state. ;)

You may also want to look at a Boundary oil pump upgrade. https://www.boundarypumps.com/ford-v8-cayote-1

Edit: That kit that @TMSBOSS posted looks very nice and a decent price for a baffled aluminum pan, hi-flo pump, pickup, and all the installation bits.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Texas
Just wondering what decision you made on it JNasty. Did you buy something and put it in yet? Or more like me, buy something and stare at it on shop floor next to all the other stuff??

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
CA
I know this thread is a little old but I was wondering how much ground clearance is lost with the amoroso 20571? I was also looking at the Moroso 20568 which seems to prevent losing any ground clearance but I don’t know if that necessarily makes it a better/worse option since I don’t think there’s any increase in oil capacity

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Logan, UT
Just wondering what decision you made on it JNasty. Did you buy something and put it in yet? Or more like me, buy something and stare at it on shop floor next to all the other stuff??

sorry for the late reply. I ordered the moroso road race pan. My crank ended up looking worse than expected and I pulled the trigger on a gen3 short block. Heads get sent off to the machine shop tomorrow to get decked and have valvetrain checked. A 2500 dollar job just turned into a 10k dollar job real quick, but I will be so happy when I am able take her out again.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel