The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 extended wheel stud options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
socal
looks like to install the extended studs on the rear, the axles need to be removed. Is this correct? Am I missing something or is this the only way?

looks like to install the extended studs on the rear, the axles need to be removed. Is this correct? Am I missing something or is this the only way?

No axle removal needed, when you get everything tore down there is a spot on the backside that gives you room to push out one stud, turn, push out the next etc.

Just use washers and an open end lug nut to pull them in.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
socal
yes, the axles are currently out of the rear end and being drilled out for the larger m14 studs in the next few days. I was just looking at the gt500 rear brackets and axles and it just didn't look like I can replace a stud in the future if I needed to without removing the axles.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Glad you found these with OP Mustang and I did have to get an extra socket as those are super long, but I felt it actually helps a bit to mount. Capaldi Racing, another site sponsor also carries them, but always nice when we can use an actual sponsor for TMO.

TMO Supporting Vendors