The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 extended wheel stud options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Southern Illinois
Has anyone started receiving the ARP studs yet? 3 weeks until the autocross season starts. Not sure they will let me run on the bald stock wheels. 😅

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Summitt Racing moved the ship date out to May. They are sending out emails cancelling back orders on them unless you contact them and ask to be kept on backorder.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
Who did everyone order them through??

I ordered mine via Steeda in Jan. Last month I called about 7 shops to see if anyone had some laying on a shelf somewhere, no dice. End or March / beginning of April it the last I was told.

Really wanted to do ALL the work at once, but it looks like I may do all the other parts and then install the hubs when / if they arrive.

Steeda is telling me end of March / early April, too, for the FR hubs.

I noticed that some models (Boss 302, GT500?) use 14mm studs instead of ½" studs. Not a huge difference (0.55" vs 0.50"), but there had to be a reason why Ford made that change. Anyone know the story?

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Checked with Speedway Motors ( they are just down the road from me in Lincoln , Ne. ) and they seem to be in decent shape for now, just keep in mind if you take the Blacksheep's advice you do need to do a little modifying.

Note, also chatted with ARP while on the road on Thursday and the guy I chatted with probably gave me more info than he should --- seems they are just getting started on studs and these are not one of their main priorities ( his words ) so they are likely 2-3 months out at best!

Last edited:

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
Checked with Speedway Motors ( they are just down the road from me in Lincoln , Ne. ) and they seem to be in decent shape for now, just keep in mind if you take the Blacksheep's advice you do need to do a little modifying.

Note, also chatted with ARP while on the road on Thursday and the guy I chatted with probably gave me more info than he should --- seems they are just getting started on studs and these are not one of their main priorities ( his words ) so they are likely 2-3 months out at best!
Well that will suck! I guess it's time for plan "b" and start drilling hubs. I've got Moroso Studs on the bench waiting to go.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN

That matches up with the May ship date from Summit Racing. How do you know when it is time to replace the ARP extended studs?

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I replaced the last set when it just became difficult to thread them, from so many changes.....but that was on a previous car. I would imagine, like anything else, usage and time should indicate when to change. Previously , when working, I was only able to get in 3-4 events per year , so I felt they were good with most cars I had, since I seemed to be on a 2 years of driving , before trading up, scenario.

TMO Supporting Vendors