The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550, 52xs swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I’m wondering how a swap would work on my current 2018 mustang GT with a gen 3 5.0, I want to buy the 52XS ALUMINATOR, would my stock 5.0 components work of the 5.2? Like my alternator, and my oil lines..etc would I need a new control module ?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
If you check the Capaldi Racing site, they list this motor. They are a Ford Performance dealer amongst other ties to Ford. They are also our latest supporting vendor.
I am sure they have done more than one of these swaps and can steer you in the right direction.

Welcome to TMO!!!

Leo Capaldi

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Detroit
I’m wondering how a swap would work on my current 2018 mustang GT with a gen 3 5.0, I want to buy the 52XS ALUMINATOR, would my stock 5.0 components work of the 5.2? Like my alternator, and my oil lines..etc would I need a new control module ?
Give us a call on Monday and we can go over it with you

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
making the bump from 460HP to 580HP. Will the driveline take the Bump? That's a big jump. Would the trans take it?
I'm thinking that since Roush and others routinely install blowers with 650-700hp that the trans could deal with it. But upgraded half-shafts are probably a good idea. And the extra hp may require a better radiator and auxillary oil cooler if this would be used in HPDE.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
My experience with the MT82. Twenty six track days in 2 1/2 years with a stock HP engine other than the FP PP2 airbox/tune thingie, 460hp would be the best it could put out. Clutch died last year in June and by the end of the year the transmission was junk as well. I cannot imagine the MT82 standing up to track days with 580 hp for very long. For sure I would do a Tremec swap.

TMO Supporting Vendors