The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 6 piston calipers use same pads as 13/14 GT500?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello,

If this had already been answered, please direct me to the thread. I am wondering if the S550 6 piston Brembos are the same calipers as those used on the 13/14 GT500s. Am contemplating upgrading my Boss brakes to bigger discs and calipers but don't want to go with 13/14 6 pistons because of the lack of pad options.

Thank you.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I am only 90% sure on this but I believe the caliper is the same with the important exception of the spindle mount points being different on the S550, and the exterior finish.

Hey thank you ArizonaBoss.

There is a thread on another forum going about the ability to use S550 6 pots on our cars with the simple addition of 13/14 rotors. Take-off calipers are pretty cheap and the rotors don't cost much either, I just don't want to waste the money and time trying it if all I am left with is the very limited selection of brake pads for the GT500 calipers. I have Ferodo 2500s in my Boss calipers and am very happy with them for my purposes (thank you, KNS!) but more braking power is never a bad thing.

Although I guess if the S550 Brembos use the same pads as the GT500, then I would imagine the brake companies will start producing more varieties to fit them both.

ArizonaBOSS said:
I am only 90% sure on this but I believe the caliper is the same with the important exception of the spindle mount points being different on the S550, and the exterior finish.
Thats my thought as well. I'd call Ford Performance. They will know as they sell them in a kit.

TMO Supporting Vendors