The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 GT PP brake pads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monaca Pa
I have about 5 Track nights on my 16 Mustang with PP Brembo brakes. Looking for replacement pads. I searched and didn’t find anything. I’m thinking of using the OEM pads. It’s a street car but Track night once a month. Any info would be great help.

Several of our vendors sell pads for your car. G-Loc, Carbotech and Pagid are popular options. I used Pagid RS29's for both track and street.

Any experience with Stoptech Sport 309.17930 pads for street&track use?
Sport 309.17930 is the softest version of Stoptech sport series. The question is if they are fine for street use too, or do they require warming up to be effective.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Good advice from above , and call the Sponsors in the sidebar because as you progress the stock pads are just not going to suffice in many cases. I often find that drivers when they start are okay with stock pads, but once they get good instruction and seat time under their belts , the pads go much more quickly. You are likely running Pittsburg International Raceway, New Jersey Motorsports Park , Pocono, and maybe even wandering up to Watkins Glen. Some of those tracks are mega fast , so a good set of race pads should be on your main menu. Bring the tracks you will be running up to the Sponsors you talk to, as that can make a difference in recommendation. Lastly , it was not mentioned , but hopefully you are upgrading ( and changing ) your brake fluid often?

PS - get brake ducting if you do not have it as it will not only keep the rotors/calipers cooler , the end result is it cuts costs by extending pad life!

The tracks I have available here are rather short and curvy. We have one or two really fast tracks and I had no issues with my stock PP setup when racing there. However on curvy tracks stock brkaes are dead after few miles. That's why I istalled ducts and will go for floating rotors this year.

Anyway I would prefer not to change pads each time I go to a track. I guess a softest version of track pads (like Stoptech Sport 309.17930) may be fine for DD. am I right? Has anyone tried this kind of setup for street use

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I always suggest a race pad for those that track their cars, as with time comes speed and as you note your stock brakes are dead after a few miles at some tracks. Make absolutely sure you are using a high temp brake fluid and change it frequently. I change mine after every race weekend, but for most folks after a couple of track weekends seems to suffice? Once you have issues with losing the brakes , that should be a mental note warning that you are picking up speed , so you need to pick up some better pads!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors