The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Rear 2 Piece Floating Rotor Kit - Pre-Buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pre-Order HERE

***We are going to have PFC build some 2 Piece Brake Rotors for the S550 Mustang Rear***Capture.JPGrotor.JPG

***These Will Eliminate The Reverse Cooling Fin Design***

***Rotor Weight: 11.3 Pounds Vs. 17.3 Pounds for OEM Rotor***

*** You Are Pre-Buying a Pair of Rear Rotors***

***Expected Delivery Time is 8 Weeks from time of 10 Pre-Orders***

These will utilize PFC's Patented V3 ZeroFailures Floating Rotor System.

PFC utilizes the same race proven metallurgy and design from their Indy Car Motorsports Program. These 330MM Directional 48 Vane Slotted Rotors are built under strict requirements in PFC's own US Facility .

The patented V3 attachment uses a retention ring that holds the hat and disc together. The ring means no need for torque wrenches, no hardware and no hassle. The ability to change a disc quickly and efficiently saves time and effort. As well as being convenient, the new V3 technology is much lighter than previous designs, making it easier to put on and pull off. This V3 rotor retention method is based on the use of a two-turn retaining ring, which is held in a groove in the hat that overlaps the rotor flanges—effectively locking the rotor to the hat.

Every PFC Zero Failure™ rotor is manufactured in the US with the same process and testing conditions as our championship-winning race rotors.

PFC’s rotor mounting designs minimize thermal deformation, reducing drag and eliminating thermal judder.

Custom developed highly-alloyed friction materials deliver superior performance at high temperatures

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
I've been hoping somebody would finally come up with a 3 piece design that is bolted together instead of the OEM setup...

What would be the price on a set of these, and an idea of the price for replacement rotors later down the road?
Are they looking at doing something for the front also or is Girodisc the only solution on the market today? And is that for S550 or S550 GT350?

I've been hoping somebody would finally come up with a 3 piece design that is bolted together instead of the OEM setup...

What would be the price on a set of these, and an idea of the price for replacement rotors later down the road?
Are they looking at doing something for the front also or is Girodisc the only solution on the market today? And is that for S550 or S550 GT350?
Mustang GT - EcoBoost Performance Pack.
We do not have the replacement rings costed out yet, obviously less than the assemblies.
We can have fronts made with the same design but it would require the same minimum of 10 Customers committing. The fronts would be $900.00
They are slightly lighter than the Girodiscs by about a pound each.

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Yes but there's a massive difference between an OEM 2 piece rotor design and aftermarket 2 piece rotors with bolt-on designs on which you can replace the rotors without putting a new hat every time.
Right now, Girodisc offers the fronts, but nothing for the rear. The other option are the CCB rotors for front and rear that one member here has on his GT350 but at 10k a set, that's an absolute no-go for me.

Tim updated the pre order. You can now option for the fronts as well as the rears. I placed a preorder today for Fronts and Rears.
I hope we can meet the preorder soon.

I have a 2 piece rotors in the rear that i need to change this year in my s550.
Same price but heavier. Somi definetely buy those ones.
However the covid postponed everything by 6months. That is why I'm still waiting.
Please don't nclose the pre order on june 2nd if you dont meet the minimum number. Alessandro

Sad to see this wasn't able to happen. I appreciate the effort from Tim. Maybe one day in the future we can assemble enough of us interested to give it another shot.

TMO Supporting Vendors