The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Saleen - Pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Saleen was at the American Muscle show with his new model. Ive never been a big fan of his cars, but this is well done. I like what they did with the front end...the car looks great!

image.jpg15.jpg

image.jpg13.png

image.jpg14.png

image.jpg16.png

image.jpg17.png

image.jpg11.png

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I think you are right, that is one sweet looking Mustang. But with the Shelby GT350 and GT350R about to hit the Dealer lots, it's timing is not the best. I don't know his pricing model, but I suspect in in the GT350 range, or above?

You would have to be a big Saleen fan to buy this over the GT350, IMO of course.

Good looking Mustang though,
Dave
302 Hi Pro

Fomoco302 said:
That 302 decal on the side looks like crap. The whole car is overdone.

I respectfully disagree. Not sure I see very much overdone, especially for someone like Saleen who usually does overdo things. IMO it looked awesome in person. The fit and finish was very nice. The lines look good, it's got a great stance, nice wheels and some slick modifications to the rear diffuser area. Not to mention, they very effectively improved upon an area of the S550 that many of us have complained about...the Aston Martin / Fussion styled front-end. For someone who has never been a fan of Saleen, I'd buy this car in a second if not for the GT350.

I'll give you the decal. It does look lost. however the rest of the car looks great.
Its hard to improve on perfection. Just based on looks...I like it. What did catch my eye was the hood. always loved that look. And its yellow :)

DEye

You can't get there from here...
The front looks like a composite of the S-95 and the S-197, a sort of more rounded front edge of the hood than the 197, ( maybe because of the lense used)

The sticker is small and tasteful, looks a bit like the 13 style, but only a small piece of it, making the 302 heritage statement...
Great choice of color ::)
If he gave it to me I wouldn't turn him down...

Looking at this Saleen car, I sat there wondering if anyone ever made a set of rear quater windows that were motorized.. Meaning opening outwards. Dont know why I thought of it. Maybe its something that I would expect from Saleen. Then again it could of been the heat today and having a few beers. ;D
Anyone know of such a window. Or should I go get more beer...Lol

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Gonna have to pass on this one.

With the performance that Ford is bringing straight out of the gate with the GT and GT350 models, the tuner houses like Roush, Saleen, etc are going to have a hard time making a good value proposition to their potential customers.

ArizonaBOSS said:
Gonna have to pass on this one.

With the performance that Ford is bringing straight out of the gate with the GT and GT350 models, the tuner houses like Roush, Saleen, etc are going to have a hard time making a good value proposition to their potential customers.

Agreed, Ford hasn't left much meat on the bone for Roush and Saleen with the new generation GT and GT350. In order for their cars to be relevant they really have to crank up the performance and cost of them to the point where it doesn't make sense to buy them over other options like the Stingray Vette.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Not really a fan but to each their own. I am more about function than flare and bling. I wouldn't refuse it though if they wanted to give it to me for free ;D

I'll pass as well but I've always been a bigger fan of Roush styling. I love the fox body Roush cars.

TMO Supporting Vendors