The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Saw a Mach-E in the wild yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
MN
I see them often ... Drove past one today and thought to myself, "damn that thing is ugly from the back".

I put an electrical circuit in the other day for a guy with one. Not my style but the guy seemed happy.

With 120v circuit it took nearly 24 hours to charge it, with the 240v circuit I run it still took 14ish hours to fully charge it..yikes.

It doesn't sound like they opted for a 60A circuit. A 60A circuit will safely accommodate a 48A charger which would be significantly faster than 14 hours.

Well I ran the 60A circuit but he only had the level 1 charger, from my understanding (and I'm no EV expert) don't you have to get the level 2 charger to get what is it 23 MPH on charge?

All he had was the level 1 though, if he buys a lvl 2 the circuit will handle it.

I charge my Tesla on a 60 amp circuit with a Tesla level 2 charger and it charges quick enough. Mines set to be fully charged by 6:00 AM so it adjusts the start time as needed. Not once have I gotten in the car and it not be fully charged when I charged it. I’m pretty sure the Mach E and most EV’s have a similar charging timer.

I’ve seen many Mach E’s around here. I keep seeing a grabber blue one so the owner must live close to me. I like the rear but think the front looks too heavy. Looking forward to seeing the Lightning around town but we’ve got a bit of a wait before that happens.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel