The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Shelby National Convention - Sonoma Raceway - August 3-5, 2018 - SAAC #43

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I’m planning on hanging out on Sat and will bring my driving gear just in case anyone wants a passenger.

Nice meeting you out there Rick! Sorry I didn't get to meet the rest of you guys. The garage area was a little busy so I was parked a little further away but it was a great time! Saturday was a pretty crowded track but Sunday was so empty that at one point I couldn't see any cars in front or behind me for a few laps. I wasn't sure if the session was even still going or not.

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
Amazing cars, amazing folks, and a good time had by many. Bummer @VoodooBoss had to get a ride as my front wheel bearings started to fail unexpectedly. @cortexracing came to the rescue along with Trent from AV8 Supercars. I didn't miss a session all weekend getting them replaced.

Note to self: Add "replace front wheel bearing/hubs" as an annual maintenance item. They were inspected by 2 shops before Nats and while Friday on track was fine, on day 2 they began to fail.

I did miss running in the late model exhibition race Saturday, but with an IRL driver in a race prepped GT350, and Filip in his own @cortexracing "Xecution" Mustang, they were going to wipe up the track with the rest of us anyway. :cool:

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors