The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Stasik_a4 Down Under Build Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Australia
Hey guys, i have been here for a while now just reading and watching some of you guys building wonderful cars. So i have been doing something similar here down under and have been encouraged by Bill Pemberton to start my own build thread showing what we do here.

The car is mostly used for track days with occasional nice Sunday scenic drive.

So i have had the car for some time now and have done some of the stuff already so ill just post it up in the same order as it was done all by me, no workshop has done any of the stuff on the car.
Ford Performance track pack suspension and Ford Performance GT350 Exhaust install was done next day after picking it up from dealership.
I must say that not only it sounds much better now but it also handles a lot nicer.
IMAG0798.jpgIMAG0730.jpgIMAG0637.jpgIMAG0734.jpgIMAG0737.jpgIMAG0738.jpgIMAG0805.jpgIMAG0807.jpgFB_IMG_1502490397791.jpg

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Great color and had to laugh when I saw the White Stallion up on the hoist with a sign in a doorway nearby stating Toyota Parts delivery. There were no Toyotas in sight, but then the roar of a GT V8 very likely scared them all away, ha. Glad to see your post and we all look forward to seeing some pics at the track especially if you make it up to " The Bend " sometime? She looks great and we hope to see a lot more posts from down under , and from Melbourne. I have a very good friend from your city, but his fun toy resides here in the US as his Company takes him around the Globe and he often will spend weeks at a time in America.

Small item, but wish the US would follow Australia and Europe with their plates, they actually do not detract or look so unsightly when narrow. Thankfully we had some legislators in Nebraska pass a new law allowing one to skip using a front plate on performance or show cars - of course it costs $50 bucks but it is worth it.

Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Australia
Great color and had to laugh when I saw the White Stallion up on the hoist with a sign in a doorway nearby stating Toyota Parts delivery. There were no Toyotas in sight, but then the roar of a GT V8 very likely scared them all away, ha.
This was at my old work i got to use the hoist to do all the change over stuff, so yes it was a Toyota Dealership. ;)

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Heh, that has got to be great , having the coolest car at the Dealership, haha!!

PS - was reading a post awhile back that Australia and Europe do not get a Torsen rear end option with the GT. This seemed quite odd to me and wondered if that is the case? If it is I imagine that is also on your list for performance mods.

Last edited:
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Australia
Yep that is right, we get absolutely no options what so ever, just standard diff with 3.55 gears in it. Id love to get it and also run a diff cooler option.
Either the ford performance retro fit cooler or Kenny Brown cooler kit

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Be prepared for some fun with those brake ducts. I had them and with the Ford Racing suspension kit which lowers the car a fair bit they get crushed almost flat where they pass under the frame, this obviously negates the air flow. I see a blue sway bar in there so I am suspecting you may have the Ford Racing suspension kit?
I found ducts to be more trouble than they were worth. The Vorshlag deflectors are much easier to live with and just as effective. If you decide to try deflectors, keep the front part of the ducts in place, cut the duct off where it comes through the inner liner and aim the end of the duct at the deflectors, that will give you more air flow to the deflector. You should also have a PP splitter for the deflectors to work best, they need a tunnel in the splitter feeding air to them.

Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Australia
Be prepared for some fun with those brake ducts. I had them and with the Ford Racing suspension kit which lowers the car a fair bit they get crushed almost flat where they pass under the frame, this obviously negates the air flow. I see a blue sway bar in there so I am suspecting you may have the Ford Racing suspension kit?
I found ducts to be more trouble than they were worth. The Vorshlag deflectors are much easier to live with and just as effective. If you decide to try deflectors, keep the front part of the ducts in place, cut the duct off where it comes through the inner liner and aim the end of the duct at the deflectors, that will give you more air flow to the deflector. You should also have a PP splitter for the deflectors to work best, they need a tunnel in the splitter feeding air to them.
They have been ok for now, but i am been thinking of doing something different with them in near future. We have a PP pack here with the factory splitter.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Cool seats and it is pretty obvious you are one sick Aussie when it comes to setting your car up for the track! Welcome to the rest of your diseased friends from around the World and I am excited to see some pics of this beast at the track. Not sure where you are in Australia, but if you ever track at " The Bend " pics are required ( or at Bathurst )!

Great work and she is becoming a very wicked mistress, but I am sure she enjoys the ride?!

Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Australia
Cool seats and it is pretty obvious you are one sick Aussie when it comes to setting your car up for the track! Welcome to the rest of your diseased friends from around the World and I am excited to see some pics of this beast at the track. Not sure where you are in Australia, but if you ever track at " The Bend " pics are required ( or at Bathurst )!

Great work and she is becoming a very wicked mistress, but I am sure she enjoys the ride?!
Yes she hates getting in and out, but very comfy and snug when you are in them.

TMO Supporting Vendors