The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Stasik_a4 Down Under Build Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Australia
Sorry to hear about the breakage. Did the pulley clutch just shear off? Fingers crossed that the engine is fine.

Nice to see that even though your tow vehicle is a Toyota (?) it's set up for Ford-ing. ;)
Yea the tow vehicle is set-up for lots of different things and does it well.
Yea fingers crossed the engine is fine as it only has 2000 miles on it since it has been replaced under warranty, after oil cooler failed on me at the last track day prior to covid.

Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Australia
So this is the session that the A/C compressor goes and tensioner pulley goes causing to engine overheat in seconds. All happens so quickly towards the end of the video as i was coming onto the main straight.
It was all new to me, New Nankang Ar1 tyres, New Gloc R16 and R12 pads with 2 piece rotors, New camber settings front and rear and also new track that i never been to, so not too bad times for now ;) :D , considering the V8 Supercars do it in 1.09.65

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks for posting and nice to see you got the Garmin Catalyst! Rough deal about the motor and I have my fingers crossed for you.

Last edited:
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Australia
Fingers crossed your engine is ok!
well I went and bought SnapOn SVTS272A cooling system tester and used the correct adapter (red) that it came with to pressure test the system. I left it sitting overnight at 21Psi and have no coolant or pressure loss which is a good start.
I'll have to do the combustion leak test and see if that turns out OK.SVTS272A.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel