The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 steveespo's Wood Brothers Racing #21 2018 GT PPL2 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FWIW that's an amazing pic, especially with the red glow on the wall behind it. I also stole this pic, put it on MeWe on my page, also Mustang Central, and a few others, I gave you total credit, that photo is really amazing.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
FWIW that's an amazing pic, especially with the red glow on the wall behind it. I also stole this pic, put it on MeWe on my page, also Mustang Central, and a few others, I gave you total credit, that photo is really amazing.
Agreed. I want to eventually make a shirt with glowing brakes like this.

Yes that's a very cool photo of Steve at Daytona.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Well I am going to start updating what is being done to the car here on the forum.
Car is looking like a race car again. After 5 weekends with 2012-Boss installing new PAC valve springs, the GT500 oil pump and cast aluminum pan, American Racing direct fit 3" to Corsa catless pipes and the DSC/Tractive coil overs installed, today I got the Tractive struts and shocks set to proper ride heights. Left front 24” bottom of rim to fender lip, LR 24 1/4”, RF 23 3/4”, RR 24 1/8”. Pretty much as low as you should go without jeopardizing half shaft CVS and front ball joints per Dean Martin at KohR Motorsports and my guru Black BossRide 1.jpgRide 2.jpgRide 4.jpgRide 3.jpg . Tomorrow going to corner weight and check alignment with Ernie Lombardo. Shake down at Summit Point next Friday, 2020 season has begun.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...EhcNFW3vc_LszQzGJwf4QHkh0HYB8PO23EgPXuLLyGAB_

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Scottsdale, AZ
Thanks for the post Steve, car looks great and wish you luck this season. Interesting color on the ride heights, i just measured and my front is at 23.5” so will make some adjustments before I get an alignment next weekend. Ill be out at Summit later this month and VIR for the SCMC event. Hope to see you out there soon.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Thanks for the post Steve, car looks great and wish you luck this season. Interesting color on the ride heights, i just measured and my front is at 23.5” so will make some adjustments before I get an alignment next weekend. Ill be out at Summit later this month and VIR for the SCMC event. Hope to see you out there soon.
Austin 23.5" is fine up front just watch the ball joints for play after each event. Mine is set a touch high because the new springs will settle. I will check and readjust during or after first track outing.

Minimum recommended front ride height is 23” on 18” wheels. That would result in at least an inch of rake and also accelerated splitter wear.

Also bear in mind that these ride heights are based on Kohr’s experience on GT4’s running an extremely stiff spring package (approx 1000 lbs F, 800 R). Softer springs will run lower ride heights under load and aero.

TMO Supporting Vendors