The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Suspension Overhaul Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Tennessee
Hey, all! Hope everyone is well, and hope your lap times are faster! Got a little preoccupied with work and school, so I haven't been as active on here as I would have liked to have been, but I'm ready to start spending some money on car stuff again.

Just FYI, this will be a little long winded, so long story short: Does the following list seem like a relatively solid suspension setup?

Suspension is next for me, just got some 19x10 wheels with 285/35s, and what I am deciding between is BMR pretty much everything and the FRPP assembled pack (non-adjustable, because they dummies discontinued the adjustable ones). My goal is to keep this under 2500 if I can help it, and I don't much care for coilovers as they have to be rebuilt semi-often.

BMR Stuff:

Perf. Lowering Springs (1.5 all 4 corners)
Adjustable trailing arms (LCAs for the common folk)
Trailing arm relocation brackets
Obviously the obligatory PHB
Front 35mm adjustable sway bar, 22mm rear adjustable
Koni Orange shocks/struts (primarily to save money, but also considering the yellows)
MM Caster/Camber Plates

So, from those of you that track a lot, or just have been driving longer than me in general, is this a pretty solid setup? I've read that you can skimp on bump steer kits if you don't upgrade the front control arms, and I have also heard camber bolts work well for street driving, but figured I'd rather have more adjustability than I need than have too little. This car will be daily driven, so I don't care to go super low, and I also know these cars (s197s) need a good amount of travel to really tackle corners, and I think 1.5 is a good compromise between function and appearance. I know I'm beating a dead horse here, so thanks for your all's patience, this is just something I would love to get right the first time.

Thanks!

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Tennessee
I'm a Ford performance guy all day long, if you can no longer get the adjustable shocks, I'm sure you could locate some Tokicos.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-racing-handling-pack-assembled-coupe-gt-2008-2014/p/MFR3AMGTA/
Yeah I was drawn to the FRPP because they obviously know what they're doing, so reliability is never in question. Now is Tokico another suspension brand? I've never heard of them.

Edit: I remembered Google was a thing lol. Are they a reputable brand of product? I can only find the occasional part on Ebay, but of course that was a solid 10 minutes of looking.

Yeah I was drawn to the FRPP because they obviously know what they're doing, so reliability is never in question. Now is Tokico another suspension brand? I've never heard of them.

Edit: I remembered Google was a thing lol. Are they a reputable brand of product? I can only find the occasional part on Ebay, but of course that was a solid 10 minutes of looking.
Tokico used to build the shocks for Ford Performance, I think they still do, but am not positive.

The Vorshlag kit also works very well and is in your budget. I did this kit combined with P springs and it was perfect for a do everything daily/track car. Very durable, I drove it through winter, salt, snow, everywhere up here in New England for about 100K miles and everything worked just as it should. Mild lowering, Ford spring rates, good monotube dampers and good camber plates. I like the Vorshlag cc plates better than others on the market. I learned a ton on track using this setup.

TMO Supporting Vendors