The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Suspension squeak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey all, my 2012 is squeaking! The noise is a really simple squeak that comes only from the back when going over fairly large bumps or speed bumps. It's not the end of the world but I wanted to ask you guys if I should inquire with the dealership or realize that squeaks are part of life.

Input?

car may be out of warranty if its a 12. as others have stated apply some lube to the joints that move. Be carefull, use only products that will not affect the bushings. :eek:
Polyurethane bushing manufacturers advise to never use a petroleum based grease for poly bushing lubrication. Polyurethane should only be lubricated with one specific type of grease to insure long bushing life, and squeak-free performance, Silicone based synthetic water-proof grease.

TMO Supporting Vendors