The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Swapping 2012 Boss Recaro seats into 2011 GT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I recently swapped 2012 Boss Recaro seats into my 2011 GT and perhaps others will find my experience useful:

The electrical connections are identical. The airbags are compatible and don't throw any codes. The seat position sensors also are compatible. However, the passenger side Occupant Classification System (OCS) (the weight detecting "bladder" system in the passenger seat) is different from 2011 to 2012 and triggers an airbag light. The code refers to an Occupant Classification System fault or something to that effect. You can clearly see the physically different modules and wiring if you have both seats upside down.

To fix this I had to swap the OCS bladder and related module from my 2011 passenger seat base over to the new 2012 Recaro passenger seat base. All codes then cleared. In doing the swap I also learned the metal seat frame on the Recaros is slightly different from the standard frame in that it has metal "wings" to support the larger side bolsters on the lower cushion. Nice touch. You also will have to drill out and replace a few rivets that hold the OCS module in place. Overall it wasn't very difficult, and I'm no expert wrench.

Shoutout to @2012-Boss on this forum, great seller. The seats were even nicer than described and well worth the effort in the end. Such an improvement! With harnesses I think they will be excellent for my purposes.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel