The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

T spring question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey I've got a question for anyone with FRPP T springs: I bought a set and got them a few days ago. I noticed that on the actual springs, the fronts are labeled "M-5300-TF" and my rears say "M-5300-KR" . I figured the TF probably meant T Front, so is it normal that my rears say KR? I know there is a K spring kit, so I want to make sure I have the right springs. Thanks!

Those are correct. The T kit uses the rear K spring.

Okay new question! I installed everything and I love how she rides and I love the new stance. But I noticed on the old front springs there are rubber insulators on part of the spring. I did not put them on the new springs because they are glued to the old ones. Should I be worried about this?

So I called FRPP today, and I was told that the isolators on the stock springs are not meant to come off, and that the new T springs did not need them transferred on. Has anyone heard anything else from Ford Racing to contradict this?

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
arabbit said:
So I called FRPP today, and I was told that the isolators on the stock springs are not meant to come off, and that the new T springs did not need them transferred on. Has anyone heard anything else from Ford Racing to contradict this?

I believe that. I didn't relocate the ones from my stock ones to my P springs, but those came with an isolator installed between the middle between the soft coils and the rest of the spring. So I think if FR wanted an isolator on those springs, they would have come with it.

TMO Supporting Vendors