The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SN95 T56 Harness Wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Has anyone installed the wiring harness from LMR https://lmr.com/item/LRS-85656/t56-transmission-sensor-connector-pigtail-kit on a T56 swap? I can't seem to find any instructions and I don't want to hack up the existing harness any more than needed. BTW, this is in a '97 Cobra and the existing harness is for the stock T45. TIA.

I used the Bowler all-in-one harness - Modern Driveline specs this with their kits. These 2 docs from Bowler should have all the info you need. If you don’t have the Bowler harness, I strongly recommend it. The Bluetooth interface makes it extremely simple to make small tweaks to the VSS output signal so you can dial your speedo in. Otherwise, I don’t know how you’ll convert the T56 square wave signal to the digital input the ECM is looking for.

Couple other notes - I chose to use the factory 12v ECM wire in the factory harness. The instructions recommend a clean 12v source, but I’ve had no issues with using the harness. Also, you’ll have to have your tuner add the T56 gear ratios to the tune otherwise cruise control won’t function properly.

7A44B07C-45DE-4FFE-8143-0018E0C19341.jpeg
9E914ED3-3413-4801-BC77-41E73128B562.jpeg
Here’s the link for the instruction on MDL’s site if the pics are tough to read:

https://www.moderndriveline.com/sho...magnum-all-in-one-harness-w-reverse-lock-out/

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Sorry, just realized this is for your ‘97 and not your ‘11. Hopefully the first pic will still be helpful to map out what signal the sensors are looking for.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Raytown, MO
Well, the car is not street legal anymore so the cruise control is gone. I'm mainly interested in the reverse lockout and maybe the speedo but I don't look at it during an autocross run anyway. FWIW, I can peg it before getting out of first gear with how it is hooked up now.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Raytown, MO
Update, I ended up removing the spring in the reverse lockout so now I don't have to lean into it to get reverse. The thing hardly ever gets into 3rd so there is little chance of accidentally getting reverse when I want fifth.

TMO Supporting Vendors