The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Temporary paint protection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Why thank you Tyme , I take that as a compliment , since Grant is such an upstanding citizen and an all around good guy!

lol. But that's nothing compared to being 'probably the best driver' that somebody knows! I hope you had a good laugh at that. I certainly did.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks for the link, my wife just ordered some to cover my new CF Tiger hood!
Will cover ( wrap or expel ) it in the future, but this is a great , fairly inexpensive way to protect it in the meantime. Glad it was posted here on TMO , as this Senior Citizen mind could not remember the name of the product even though I know a few racers who have tried it.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
SoCal
I wish I would have know about this stuff earlier! It could have saved me from some of the nasty chips in my hood.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
How far up is your clear bra? The other important spot that 90% of Mustang owners miss is the 6-8 inches above the windshield. There is over a quarter of an inch of roofline folded down to the windshield on the GT 350s and S550s, and that edge and the leading edge of the roof catches alot of track debris ( rocks and rubber)! Will be doing xpel or clear bra there also on my Boss .

TMO Supporting Vendors