The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tesla Cybertruck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Tesla =Truck estimates sold w/lying arithmetic

My problem is that the numbers of Teslas being sold have had questionable numbers since day one, and I am having trouble believing this quick number in just days when so many other machines ( that folks agree are dynamite looking) did not evoke a response like this. I have always given Elon alot of credit for doing a great job promoting, but at times it has been too PT Barnum for me. Easy to give a number, difficult to prove one way or another by others.

A reservation requires a deposit. It was $1,000 on the Model 3, not sure on the truck.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
It is a $100 and it is refundable , but the tweets are flying at 187,000 orders and now over 200,000 and numerous news outlets are questioning the validity. I am old school where one had to prove things and document ( many of us remember the extensive footnotes and references we had to adhere to when doing term papers ) and there is nothing out there with any solid proof. As I mentioned , I think Elon is very good at promoting , but as has been seen in the past it can be hard to prove his claims. Not to take away anything from the car, but honestly a refundable deposit of only $100 does not even register in my mind as a legitimate deposit. Telling someone you have to make a commitment to order , but no worries you can have your money back is just playing games , imho.

Either way, again, Elon is working up the masses , and I will stand by on the sidelines to see what legitimately happens to the build and the fixes required to meet government mandates. For now he has accomplished what he likely wanted, putting the Tesla name back out there in the news and stirring up the pot.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Seldom disagree with you my friend, but I actually don't mind the cars, but this truck makes no sense to me or to most of my friends/customers. We have huge truck stores ( the Ford Store across the street was the World's Largest for 14 years until we bought 2 more stores , so we ended up robbing from ourselves ) with Ram, Chevy, GMC and of course Ford. We are getting plenty of calls/comments about how useless the truck is, not about the electric nature but the end usage. The fact that it is beyond ugly doesn't help , but there are likely a few Pontiac Aztek owners who are finally looking for another wonky vehicle to buy.

Makes one proud to see the direction Ford is going with the Mach E , frankly.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Agree with you there Robert!! What really bugs me are these goofy Stores that open on Thanksgiving now, to supposedly beat the rush. I will relax with family Thursday and Friday , nothing I need so bad to fight the crowds , the weather , or the hype.

Too bad there aren't more folks like you and me....but the truth is everyone thinks they're saving Big Bucks...that's why this Black Friday craze is getting out of control........sad to say...............It'll be starting as Black Monday in a few yrs...LOL

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
EVsel!! Actually should be EV Sell???? Wonder if it will take off looking as it does, though I have no doubt there will be electric trucks in our future.

TMO Supporting Vendors