The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Mar

The Bourbon Barrel at NCM Motorsports Park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nashville TN
I will be there in the 21 Car. Will be nice to meet some other Tennessee TMO members. Black Boss is attending too.
Awesome. I'll be wearing #73 in HPDE3 (despite the roster reading #19 - I was told that number wasn't available). I'm listed as "Norbert" (my given name) but nobody calls me that except phone solicitors :)

I’ve got an RV spot (no RV, but need power for my trailer) by where the Holly Tower used to be.

Im doing HPDE 4 in a white Boss 302S I just purchased. I’ve never had this car on track, so this is a shakedown weekend before moving to ST2 with it.

Come see me!
-Spencer Coleman

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nashville TN
I’ve got an RV spot (no RV, but need power for my trailer) by where the Holly Tower used to be.

Im doing HPDE 4 in a white Boss 302S I just purchased. I’ve never had this car on track, so this is a shakedown weekend before moving to ST2 with it.

Come see me!
-Spencer Coleman
Will do! I'll be there with a couple of Corvette-driving friends and we'll just have pop up tents since the garages were wiped out by the tornados that went through.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
My goal was to have the car ready for this event, but I didn't make it for various reasons. 6 inches of snow last weekend didn't help either. I still need to put the console in, the shifter ball, the drivers seat and bleed the clutch before I can start breaking in the new clutch. I didn't register and cancelled my hotel room. I will make the fall NASA NCM event if the car is still in one piece.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Great meeting Chip at the event this weekend. Had a great time learning the track on my first time there. Not so much fun making the 105dB sound check with full cloud cover on Friday, but Saturday and Sunday no issues. Will be going back to NCM as it is a challenge and is only 1 hour 50 minutes from home.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nashville TN
Great meeting Chip at the event this weekend. Had a great time learning the track on my first time there. Not so much fun making the 105dB sound check with full cloud cover on Friday, but Saturday and Sunday no issues. Will be going back to NCM as it is a challenge and is only 1 hour 50 minutes from home.
Great meeting you as well! Spencer, sorry I didn't catch you before you left Sunday afternoon. The event was good - very blustery/cold Saturday, but sunny and not so windy Sunday and the end of day sessions were the best of the weekend.

Friday was very fun. It was my first outing in the 302S, and it’s a much different car than the 350R.... very raw.

The car developed an engine stumble off idle that I couldn’t sort out at the track, so I packed it up early. It felt like the engine was in limp mode, but there were no codes. Naturally, it started running perfectly when I got back home!

It‘s probably time to get some spare sensors, coil packs etc. to have on hand just in case.

Glad everyone had fun!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel