The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 The Green Machine Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Looks like a serious track rat, them bugs are solidly killed on the front bumper, ha! You look to have a solid CAMC car and do stay on top of things here with TMO , as we have some serious Nationally competitive drivers on here and with the constant changes in tires , this is a super place to keep updated.

Good example would be the recent event in Lincoln, with 5 of the 6 trophy positions being taken by A052s, with the exception being our own Dave Whitworth grabbing 5th on a set of new Bridgestones. These two tires seem to be the top tickets now, though who knows who may recompound next or make another change.

TMO is a solid source for both tracking and autocross info and great looking Green Machine!!

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Logan, UT
Looks like a serious track rat, them bugs are solidly killed on the front bumper, ha! You look to have a solid CAMC car and do stay on top of things here with TMO , as we have some serious Nationally competitive drivers on here and with the constant changes in tires , this is a super place to keep updated.

Good example would be the recent event in Lincoln, with 5 of the 6 trophy positions being taken by A052s, with the exception being our own Dave Whitworth grabbing 5th on a set of new Bridgestones. These two tires seem to be the top tickets now, though who knows who may recompound next or make another change.

TMO is a solid source for both tracking and autocross info and great looking Green Machine!!
Thank you sir! The previous owner did most of the suspension work, and regularly took first place in cam c for our region, as well as top ten raw. I know the car has immense potential. I’m still learning. I wish I could find spring rate info on the SVE springs, as I want to know switching to h&r race springs would be a better choice for HPDE. My koni shocks are starting to get tired, but I’m working on getting some Penske double adjustable inserts for front struts, and 7500s for the rear from Strano. Car feels great at autocross but fairly soft out at UMC. If only I were made of money…
I have really enjoyed snooping around here for the last couple years, and realized I never added my build thread to the forums.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Logan, UT
Sam is an awesome vendor and autocrosser (as well as Evo School instructor), and I'm very happy with advice and purchases from him. But if you're looking at Penskes, also check out site sponsor Cortex Racing. Just want to make you aware of the option. https://www.cortexracing.com/
Thanks Dave! I have also been very happy with his advice this far, and you’re right. I keep bouncing between cortex’s double adjustable Penske coils to complete my cortex suspension, (I have their watts link, torque arm and rear LCAs) and penskes in stock housing simply because of the effort he has put in to helping me with my questions. In the end, as long as I can still run my 18x11 wheels and 315 tires I’ll probably go with the cortex setup.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
In the end, as long as I can still run my 18x11 wheels and 315 tires I’ll probably go with the cortex setup.
That won't be a problem with the CorteX stuff.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel