The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SN95 The Unicorn Build Thread Profile - SN95 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Louisiana
I’ll say the steering feels much lighter and it was easier to back out of the carport. Before, you couldn’t move the steering wheel without revving and the pump would scream at you. Went to a local traffic circle for some simultaneous turning & braking and it has improved. The steering wasn’t as “choppy” when on the brakes. Initially, it was great but after putting a dozen miles on it whatever air was trapped inside inevitability congregated.

I am hopeful and will report back.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Louisiana
Never repeated back but I also haven’t driven it much lately. It drives nice after another round of vacuum bleeding. I’m going to replace the high pressure hose from the booster to the rack next. I’m returning to the autocross pad next Sunday (25-September) and the open track 13-October.

Speaking of autocross, I’m feeling confident. Made a few suspension changes;

1. Moved the front sway bar from full stiff to the middle setting of three settings.

2. Moved the rear bar from full soft to full stiff.

I’ll drive it around some curvy back roads and hit the local traffic circles to see how it reacts.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Louisiana
In other news.. Installed Aerocatch latches in my heat extractor hood, put a C2 “street splitter” on the front, dropped in a Motion Raceworks oil catch can and fresh front tires.

112DEAAC-C653-4181-8D65-53AB6605F5FE.jpeg788B3EBE-D27C-4862-B212-1BFD27291408.jpegFD251E41-0EE0-4980-B344-2D7A87DCC27C.jpeg0933449B-341A-49C6-BDB9-77410194A99C.jpeg

The C2 “street splitter” will be the basis for a more robust unit and that will come with time.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Louisiana
296EF5C2-B5F3-4C26-9999-D76ECC34E2E5.jpeg

01795146-A0ED-490A-85FB-FF1E12775A52.jpeg

Finally (FINALLY!) getting mostly issue free runs! However, I had a DNF on my first run because I got too hot on the last slalom. Decided to go wide instead of spinning and taking the timing equipment out. (32 F/24 R cold air pressure)

My second run was better, since I finished but I found myself off throttle too much. To make things interesting, I started to left foot brake after exiting the first slalom. That seems to help. (30/25)

My third run was a little quicker but I coned it away. Continued to left foot brake and applied more throttle almost everywhere. Car kept getting tail happy and I almost blew the entry on the final slalom. Going to make adjustments to the driver and try again! (30/25)

My fourth run, LOL! Fell asleep after lunch apparently and pretty much went for a leisurely cruise through the cones. Lost time everywhere. (27/26 cold)

For my fifth run I picked up the pace again and nearly put it in the grass on the back straight leading to the final slalom. Struggled with that brake zone and off/on throttle transition leading to the finish line. (28/27 hot)

My sixth run was the best of my clean passes. Finally found a decent rhythm but it was to late in the day! Needed to be there much earlier but I’m happy! The car did well and can only improve from here. The rear tires are about shot and I have to begin thinking about replacing them. (27/27 hot)

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Louisiana
Can't really go wrong with any of the top current 200TW tires, but what are you thinking?

I have a pair of 315/30-18 BFG Rival S on Enkei RS05RR wheels that I need to do something with. However, I still another pair of wheels and tires to complete the set. I also have my wedding anniversary coming up and, unless we want this to be a memorial thread, I better wait 👀

Frank.JD.Perez

FJD Performance
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Pleasanton/Hayward, CA
I mean, i could support your wife killing you after how much money you spend on things lol

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Louisiana
Did it help?

And what brakes/brackets are you using?

It does seem to help with rear bite and now I’m fighting brake bias. It was hard to gauge the benefit since I could not go deep into the brake zones. UGH.

Recently spaced the rear wheels out 1/2” and that definitely helped the outside rear tire bite and the front doesn’t push as much.

Time will tell.

The brake brackets are from Fiveology and haven’t been in production for quite awhile. The calipers are Brembo 44/40x32 and came on 2003-2010 Vipers.

94BC7555-09AE-4252-B054-F4E39D7B3274.jpeg

I’m going to swap the rear setup to that Wildwood D154/Cobra rotor setup next year. Planning to try Hawk HP+ pads.

EED95ECF-A07F-423E-A32C-1EBA3C84B6A8.jpeg
5127FF56-1386-4374-9D44-FF7050C8C4A5.jpeg

Last edited:

Frank.JD.Perez

FJD Performance
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Pleasanton/Hayward, CA
i removed my parking brake bits so i dont really have that problem anymore, but can relate. there was a lil bit of touching

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel