The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Third oil change and Fumoto install with very little mess. Lots of pics.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I finally hit 10k miles after picking up # 733 in mid June. I'm trying to stick to every 5k on the oil unless I track it hard in the summer and feel like it needs it. This time I used my Form-A-Funnel which worked wonders keeping everything clean.

Also installed the Fumoto valve BEFORE draining the oil! ;D

There was some oil and dirt in there, but it's been 5k miles since I had it unbuttoned. I cleaned that up before I started.

Feb52012025.jpg

Feb52012026.jpg

Feb52012027.jpg

Feb52012030.jpg

Feb52012032.jpg

Feb52012033.jpg
[size=10pt]
A cool anti-drainback feature on the filter. See how it won't settle any lower.
[/size]

Feb52012034.jpg

Hook up vacuum to the crank case, remove oil pan plug, install Fumoto. ;)

Feb52012036.jpg

Feb52012039.jpg

Not much room for the nipple, but it's not needed as you can see.

Feb52012041.jpg

This is the only mess and it's 4 inches wide as it runs out of the kitty litter scoop.

Feb52012043.jpg

And now out to replace the trans fluid. Using the stock stuff since my trans works incredibly well.

darreng505 said:
That's a good idea. I've been keeping the 'nipple' off until I need to change the oil, but that looks like a cleaner solution.
I got clear plastic tubing from Lowes that slips easily onto the valve and I run it right into the oil bucket.

yup, I'm going to go that route as well for the future oil changes. going to get a 3/8" tube and run it to empty oil bottles/containers... that will save me a few messy steps of transferring oil from the drain pan to the bottles.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
So, since I put my oil filters in zip lock bags for the recycling, I simply placed it over the oil filter as I unscrewed it and kept the open end of the bag above where the oil cooler is... Much easier to contain the Exxon Valdez that is a boss 302 oil filter change than before. I had no mess this time as I did the first change. Also, it is important to get the front of the car high enough for the plastic shield to drop down vertically.

TMO Supporting Vendors