The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Thoughts on bushings/lockout kits for a GT350?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Atlanta
Currently deep into the "might as well" stages of my GT350 track build and the subframe is sitting on the shop floor, wondering if anyone has installed poly diff bushings or lockout kits on their 350. Ideally I don't want to increase NVH drastically since I still drive the car to local tracks. Everything I've seen has pointed to it only being necessary for drag applications but wanted to get any input I can before deciding to or not to modify.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
It's been kind of standard practice for a long time with production cars that you lock out or replace rubber with poly/delrin bushings for racing. We were doing it in the 80s and 90s, everything had to be custom made as no one sold this kind of stuff back then. It will increase NVH for sure.
My car (a 2016 GT) has everything in the suspension and drivetrain that is rubber locked out or replaced with solid bushings. It absolutely howls with gear noise and you hear/feel every bump. But if you are looking for maximum grip it's necessary.

I didn't want to inherit unnecessary NVH so settled for the combination of the Steeda alignment dowels and the Steeda IRS brace. A friend of mine has the Steeda bushign support kit, but I haven't felt any unwanted motion from the rear that I would want to correct with this unit.

TMO Supporting Vendors