The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Thoughts on Shcroth QuickFit Pro before I purchase?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Atlanta, GA
Hi everyone,

Looking to bump up my on-track safety without putting a dedicated rollcage into my daily driver.
Purchasing Schroth QuickFit Pro, along with HANS 3 and a bucket seat.

Wondering if there was any concerns with this combination/setup or if anybody would like to share any positive/negative about the harness.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. What color do I choose!!!? So difficult! haha (I have a 2020 Shadow Black S550)

389992.png

389993.png

392949_alt2.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 11.43.29 AM.png

Quick-fit is only approved for stock seats. The only aftermarket seat it is approved for is the Cobra Nogaro and the Recaro Pole Position ABE (just recent change).

I use a non-pro version with my stock seats and it does a decent job of holding me in place (I'm a big guy, too).

I have a black car and went silver. I'm new and used them for one weekend. They seem to hold you in place pretty good and are decent for what they are. Just make sure you have the lap belt set where it is supposed to be and super tight before anything else. I've ridden in a car with 6 pt harnesses - there's no comparison. I had to go with what I could. Figured they were better than just stock belts.

1650643789010.png

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Atlanta, GA
Quick-fit is only approved for stock seats. The only aftermarket seat it is approved for is the Cobra Nogaro and the Recaro Pole Position ABE (just recent change).

I use a non-pro version with my stock seats and it does a decent job of holding me in place (I'm a big guy, too).
Oh wow, I didn't know they had a list of approved seats to go with it.
Could you link or mention where I could find that list?
I'm upgrading my seat along with it so I'll need ot make sure it's on the approved list

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Atlanta, GA
I have a black car and went silver. I'm new and used them for one weekend. They seem to hold you in place pretty good and are decent for what they are. Just make sure you have the lap belt set where it is supposed to be and super tight before anything else. I've ridden in a car with 6 pt harnesses - there's no comparison. I had to go with what I could. Figured they were better than just stock belts.

View attachment 75124
Oh nice, thanks for the photo! They definitely hold better than stock seatbelts right?
I'm struggling to hold myself against the steering wheel during heavy downhill brakes.
Hoping these will actually hold my body in place

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Atlanta, GA
6 points are the way to go if you can swing a roll or harness bar.

Color? Black unless you car has accents in one of the other colors mentioned. Red stripes would look right with red harness.
Unfortunately, I daily drive my car and do not want to go with a rollcage/harness bar :(

Black looks clean/nice but red definitely pops and looks more 'racecar' like 😂

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Atlanta, GA
If you not putting rollbar in I see no point in that harness. I rather have stock 3 point. I would not use that harness without rollbar.
I'm really new to this HPDE world.
Could you please educate me on this why harness with no rollbar isn't recommended?
Without putting a rollcage in my daily, I figured this would at least hold me in better than the oem seatbelt..

During 10A braking at Road Atlanta, the OEM stock seatbelt isn't holding me in tight, so my body moves forward during hard braking. So I'm forced to hold myself up against the steering wheel, which definitely isn't the safe...

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Atlanta, GA
Okay after brief googling session, I may just opt for harness bar + harness...
Any recommendations on specific brand or product?

For context, I daily drive this car and take it to the track(Road Atlanta) every month or two

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Reno, NV
If I roll over without car having rollbar I rather have stock seat belt. I don't like idea of been strapped solid and roof collapsing on my head. With stock seat belt I may have chance to duck.
For me it is either all or nothing. I bought my car with rollbar and harness in it and did not want rollbar. I took both rollbar and harness out and doing HPDE with stock belt.
Some things just need to go together, like race seat, rollbar/cage, harness (6 point), neck device and fire gear.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
Oh wow, I didn't know they had a list of approved seats to go with it.
Could you link or mention where I could find that list?
I'm upgrading my seat along with it so I'll need ot make sure it's on the approved list
Those are the only two approved aftermarket seats.
plenty of info on safety but you want a roll bar(not harness bar) + seat+ 6pt + Hans. If you are not ready for that then Quick Fit Pro and HANS is next best. Also don’t know your body type but seats is something you want to try out. I cannot fit those fixed back seat options for the Quick fit so those are out the question for me.
Ale ( @flyhalf ) actually had a FB post in the TMO group A couple years ago about using the quick fit and fixed back seat...Not safe.

TMO Supporting Vendors