The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Thoughts on Shcroth QuickFit Pro before I purchase?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oh nice, thanks for the photo! They definitely hold better than stock seatbelts right?
I'm struggling to hold myself against the steering wheel during heavy downhill brakes.
Hoping these will actually hold my body in place
They do hold you in place better than regular belts. I don't think heavy braking on the track would be much fun without them. I did extensive research before I purchased. There is a love hate relationship and opinions with the quickfit harnesses. I think that debate will go on until the is some kind of documentation of an accident with a rollover and the person involved is wearing a quickfit. This is the only video I have ever found for a crash test. Looks like it works pretty well with a hans. There is also the Schoth video on the website.

I also took one major factor into the equation, my height. I'm not tall only 5' 6". I personally think they are a good option for a smaller stature guy like me. I have plenty of room from my head and roof even with a helmet but who knows what the hell would happen with the roof in a significant accident. I have a history of a roll over back in the day- hit black ice in a dip in the road around a sweeping bend - ya driving too fast too - 2000 ford focus, blew out all the windows, broke off the drivers side wheels , crushed the driver side roof in by 6 inches and broke off the gear shifter with my hip. Fortunately the only injury that I got was I cut one finger climbing back in the car to get my phone. You have absolutely no control of you body in accident like that. You are at the mercy of G forces. I did have my seat belt on and was still tossed around. At the junk yard, I had to get back in the car to get my belongings and sat in the drivers seat just to see if my head touched because I had no idea how I did not get injured - it did not. I know, I know - the roof is higher in a focus. I think there is a give and take with everthing with high performance driving with a "street car " that has been modified for the track with our budgets. If we all had the cash we would all have full out race cars. I am guilty of not having a hans. That is my next purchase. Good luck in making your decision - I guess you have to make your decision on what you feel is right for you after you do your due diligence.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Nova Scotia
If I roll over without car having rollbar I rather have stock seat belt. I don't like idea of been strapped solid and roof collapsing on my head. With stock seat belt I may have chance to duck.
For me it is either all or nothing. I bought my car with rollbar and harness in it and did not want rollbar. I took both rollbar and harness out and doing HPDE with stock belt.
Some things just need to go together, like race seat, rollbar/cage, harness (6 point), neck device and fire gear.
You will never have the reaction time to "duck". Your stock belts are going to tighten via the explosive recoiler so fast that they will bruise you.

Choosing any safety equipment is a compromise. Risk = likelihood x consequence. Car with airbags and a helmet - how does the system interfere with your now larger head, and how does the weight of the helmet effect safety? How does windows being open effect side curtain bags? How does not having consistent driving position relative to the car's controls increase the likelihood of error by the driver that causes the incident in the first place? OEM 3 point belts are like operating an excavator while jogging on the spot - how can you ever repeat the same inputs in a given corner?

Then you look at FHR (Frontal Head Restraint) devices to avoid basalar skull fractures due to your now heavier helmeted head, so you consider one that works with 3 point vice 4/5/6 point harnesses - you are way more likely to pile into a solid wall at full speed and your unsupported neck is not going to like that at all. Then you ask, which is most likely to be used correctly? HANS with shoulder harnesses is most likely to be correctly used and way less of a pain to get into. Roof collapse into a helmeted head on a stock seat is more likely to break the seat back than the helmet or drivers neck. Combine that with modern car construction that drastically increased passenger compartment strength for roll overs well beyond what any roll cage did for a car in the 70's or 80's.

Would I drive a vintage Datsun 510 with a race seat and shoulder harnesses without a cage - no way, the thing is a Kleenex box as far as strength goes. Would I drive a 2010 Mustang/WRX/Golf etc in the same config - absolutely. B pillars in those are so strong that even in full tumble roll overs that I've attended to in stage rally, the body rarely moves enough to even contact the cage roll bar inside the envelope.

Then there's the 4 point submarine argument, which Schroth's ASM handles well. FYI, there are other FIA approved 4 point harness systems out there, so obviously someone has determined there are situations where they can be used to improve safety. If you have two helmeted occupants, you are really likely to smash heads together in a rollover with only 3 point harnesses in use.

In the end, I would go with the engineering that a company like Schroth has done and be very happy with using their Quick Fit Pro in one of the vehicles that they list as an approved car for the system.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Reno, NV
You will never have the reaction time to "duck". Your stock belts are going to tighten via the explosive recoiler so fast that they will bruise you.
Maybe, maybe not. Already had belts tighten and windows roll up on me, no bruise.
Also rolled SxS few times with stock 3 points.
It is all risk, I am just choosing which way I am going about it. I think I saw picture on this site, mustang with roof completely flat.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
If I roll over without car having rollbar I rather have stock seat belt. I don't like idea of been strapped solid and roof collapsing on my head. With stock seat belt I may have chance to duck.
For me it is either all or nothing. I bought my car with rollbar and harness in it and did not want rollbar. I took both rollbar and harness out and doing HPDE with stock belt.
Some things just need to go together, like race seat, rollbar/cage, harness (6 point), neck device and fire gear.

This is what I was going to say. Thought I read not to run these without a bar because of the possibility of a neck injury and a bad one at that.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Nova Scotia
This is what I was going to say. Thought I read not to run these without a bar because of the possibility of a neck injury and a bad one at that.
You’ll hear lots of things around a race track. I follow the input of engineers and designers with extensive track records in the sport. Schroth and HMS Motorsport are who I will trust.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel