The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tire Stickers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A friend had the stickers on his car, after pulling out of the driveway, he didn't even make it to the end of the road before most of them flew off. I had the permanent raised rubber on my Miata and they lasted for months, even after I sold the car they're still on the tires. Its all in the prep on how they are applied. You need to use a really heavy duty degreaser like Omniclean prior to installing. As for the raised rubber I had all 4 wheels off the car and I used blue painters tape to hold them down for a few hours while the cement dried. Let them sit overnight before putting them on the car. Even after that some of the corners peeled up a bit but I went over them again and got them to stick. Some suggest lightly sanding the tire where the contact cement will be applied to get it to stick better.

TMO Supporting Vendors