The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TMO's Pizza Port

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
You can always tell a good pizza when the next day left overs taste good.....That was the case with "Cape Cod" pizza!!

Can't beat cold left over pie! I never reheat, no idea why but it is just as good as when fresh out of the oven. Maybe the flavors intensify when the pie cools? I dunno.

I never reheat,
You're right JDee....The worse thing you can do is use the microwave to warm your leftover pizza up the next day! Using the oven is the lesser of 2 evils...Right out of the fridge or left out on the counter for a few minutes works for me also....Seems to retain its original flavor more that way.A friend of mine used his outdoor grill to reheat his left over pizza.....a gas grill, maybe, but I use charcoal.....too much trouble to go thru.............................

Long ago We used to go to a Pizza place in nearby Milford. They had a Monday Special that my budget could afford at that tyme.The owner's name was Nick and so was my Son's...This seemed perfect!!!!..We always got a large cheese pie. My son was about 6 or 7 then, but he ALWAYS had to hear this song on the juke box.....The fruit don't fall far from the tree.....his music tastes have changed since then (Mine Haven't!!!), but He's still my boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BLAST IT, gets lame at the end..............

Last edited:
Cape Cod Pizza is based in Massachusetts I know a fresh pie right out of the oven would be delicious but I settle for the frozen version that is available in some local grocery stores around here. The frozen pies aren't bad either!!!.....
..I checked it out online....It's about 2 &1/2 hrs from me...I got Modern in New Haven 20 mins away or the Cape Cod frozen option....Mass is definitely a road trip..........

Last edited:
Told Son about Cape Cod Pizza...He wasn't impressed with the "Meat Eater", since He's Vegan....He may try a cheese pie, which would be an exception to His diet...........Thank God for plant burgers, for His sake........................

Utah
I have been meaning to "throw" this one out there (pun intended). We do pizzas on the grille. Roll out the dough (personal size), and just throw that puppy on the low-medium hot grille. Cook the dough on one side, flip it. After you flip it you dress it. We like to use olive oil (although the suggestion of Mobil 1 has merit...) put on the cheese and toppings and voila!

IMG_5443.jpeg

IMG_5444.jpeg

A grilled pizza sounds very interesting!..A gas grille will be easier and quicker than charcoal and the results will taste differently, I suppose.This surely needs more research before the summer leaves us.................my oven is there, just in case....wink or smile...you decide....................

I haven't had my "Little Joe" charcoal grille going for over a year, with my Son turning Vegan and Hon wanting Chicken.My Hamburger and Hot Dog days will have to be a special occasion, for sure!!!! ...Pizza on the grille is not in my future...............

I will always cherish Pizza til the day I leave here.My Dad's Pizza genes got a hold of me at an early age. He took us boys (me & my 2 brothers) to all the pizza joints around here..Pepe's in New Haven was a Sunday treat!!! (We never went to Modern back then, I guess his allegence was with Pepe's)..My Mom's homemade pizza was very good also (fresh dough from the bakery)..but as we got older, She refused to make two pies to satisfy our ever growing appetites...I don't blame Her!! Pizza memories will never dim for me!...and I hope there will be more to come........................

Hon wants to experiment with English Muffins with sauce and cheese under the broiler......not getting too excited about this........................I better start making my own Pizzas again ......in a hurry.......where's the dough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First you toast the English muffins...Then you throw the sauce and moz and whatever else you can fit on....then under the broiler to melt the cheese. It's not that bad, but I would prefer a real pizza.....Even the Frozen Cape Cod Pepperoni Pie I had last nite hit the spot!!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel