The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TMO's Pizza Port

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Per @302BOB ‘s request a pizza port update.

Pies from last week. Dough ferments for a few days to build flavor, really like it. I like a fluffier crust but the boys aren’t big on crust so these aren’t as nice as they can be. Sautéed hen of the woods mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes on one and tuna on the other. Tuna was a request of the boys and is surprisingly good.

A8B59854-4A5F-40CD-9558-AA430BF0F532.jpeg

I'm definitely due for a pie soon...it might not be a make my own, but I'm due!!!...In the old days I'd enjoy a pizza at least once a week....now maybe once a month...if I'm lucky.......that goes for other things ,also.............................why are these called the golden years?!?!?!?!....................The golden yrs are your 20's and 30's IMHO.....Altho I didn't get my Boss till I was 55..........1611409712948.png

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
Looks great!

Have you tried rice flour on the peel prior to setting the dough on it? That was the trick for me.
I’ll try that. I used just semolina flour. I had given up for a while because a really good pizza joint made margherita pizza way better than I ever could. But of course it is closed now. 😡

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
A lot of us run the tracks in Atlanta and possibly some live there. Our favorite pizza is a place called Varasano’s in Buckhead. We have literally driven from Huntsville to Atlanta just to eat there. On one of my return trips from the UAE, I flew through Atlanta. Varasano’s actually has a restaurant in the airport. Being my wife’s favorite, I purchased a pizza for her and flew home with it. At midnight, she devoured every slice.

Son by today to do a lawn...I give him some money to bring back a pizza, which I haven't had in a while.He came back with a Pie from "Parlor" pizza in nearby Stratford...Not bad....thin crust....Cooked right...good flavor....I will visit them in the near future!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave Hon our IRS refund money and She was so thrilled She promised me a pizza every Friday......I'll see how long that lasts....starting today.....I still have that prime land in Florida to sell...........................I'll even include a boat............................

TMO Supporting Vendors