The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track day in-car camera mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
This mount states (and shows) that it can be used with Recaro seats if you use extended bolts. It's not clear if it comes with extended bolts.

View attachment 82254
That looks like a workable solution as long as you don't need the passenger seat.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
MN
Why not just attach it to the front windshield pointing forward? Every modern action camera I can think of uses a focal length and lens that provides a wide capture angle (usually beyond 90 degrees), so you should still have your entire view outside. If it ends up mounted upside-down, just flip the footage in an editor prior to uploading it (since I assume you'd be cutting your footage anyways).
One of the few times having a glass roof is handy, pic below from years ago just for the laughs.

View attachment 82255

Front windshield was how my cell was mounted for trackaddict and I plan to have a second camera mounted in that position. I was hoping to get some cockpit footage so I could use picture in picture if possible.

I've used the passenger corner of the windshield pointing back to the cabin if that's the kind of shot you're looking for. You can get some different angles there depending how far you space it off the glass. Reference pictures below:
1672190017613.png
1672190098945.png

TMO Supporting Vendors