The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track goals for 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1) Not wreck.
2) Obtain SCCA license (not to race SCCA but just to learn)
3) Participate in first 1 or 2 actual wheel to wheel races, non-exchanging paint events, versus just track sessions.
4) Hit 1:47 on BIR 2.5 mile & regularly hit 1:48.
5) Try two new tracks.
6) Not wreck.

So i'm going to add more. Except this will not involve my Boss. Its going to involve my DD/AutoX GT.

1. Attend events
2. Get a extra set of cobra wheels and NT05 tire (or a good autox tire that is streetable)
3. Place at least 2 times in C prepared class with local club.

As for the CMP goal.

1. Stay faster than my buddy since now he wants to beat it.
2. Get into the 1:46 range.

1) Run Road America and at least break into the 2:35s
2) Run a 3 day event at the end of June at RA with Steve on 2 sets of rotors or less
3) Break into the 1:50s at BIR on the long track (3.1 mile)
4) Run a new track for me - Chuckwalla Valley Raceway
5) Not break as much this year ;D

Already realized I have to break my goal of not modding the car. I forgot I need tow hooks to run at most of the tracks so hopefully tow hooks will be the only mod. ::)

1. Attend the 3rd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup September 20-22, 2013 Motorsports Park Hastings!
2. Run at VIR
3. Finish top 10 at the AI Nationals (who says all goals have to be realistic :))

jdasch1 said:
Run Boss at Thunderhill 25hr, win conference championship, don't severely break car, make wife happy....all obtainable I think?
Where are you located? I'm in Roseville.

jdasch1 said:
Run Boss at Thunderhill 25hr, win conference championship, don't severely break car, make wife happy....all obtainable I think?

I ran the 25 last month in a Miata, I would really love to do it in my Boss. No telling what it would cost though.

NFSBOSS said:
Where are you located? I'm in Roseville.
I live in Spokane WA. I race in the ICSCC Northwest Conference. I run the Boss in SPO. I will be coming down to California in March for 3 days at Thunderhill to test out the car. I've made some modifications and every track up here is either frozen or wet.

smittytx said:
I ran the 25 last month in a Miata, I would really love to do it in my Boss. No telling what it would cost though.
Cost for Thunderhill 25 hr right now is being estimated at approx $60k, plus insurance. If it rains or the track is wet consistantly, alot less. 5 drivers. I put in a 32 gallon fuel cell (duel dry break) so I can go for a whole tire change before needing fuel. I also am going to race a BMW I have this year and if I don't find the drivers I need for the Boss then the BMW will do. Its a whole lot less to race at Thunderhill but not as comfortable.

1. Run AMP in May
2. Do a lap of the N-Ring in July.
3. Run VIR or Barber in the Fall

My wife finishes her residency (Primary Care Dr.) this year and to celebrate we're going to Germany for 2 or 3 weeks. I will drive the N-Ring!

This is a list I never would've thought possible only six months ago:

1 - Finish mods (obligatory)
2 - Silverstone
3 - Brands Hatch
4 - Dunsfold airfield (actually found a way to do this)
5 - Spa
6 - Nurburgring (current GP circuit only - I'd only bother with the Nordschliefe if I could ride along with Sabine driving the car)
7 - Imola
8 - Stelvio Pass (bonus)

Sesshomurai

steveespo said:
I ran 2:18.76 as my best on Corsa's at VIR full and I thought it was insane. With slicks I am looking to take 3 seconds off, taking 8 seconds off....now that is INSANE!! Best of luck and keep it on the black.
Steve

That's great Steve. My best there is still only 2:20.56 on hankook RS3's, but I am hoping to bump my entry speed into the esses from 110 to 130 and exit speed from 85 to 95.
I also need to go full throttle through hogpen to pick up a second or two and reduce my braking zone at the end of the back and front stretch. With my extra 30-40hp I'm carrying this season I'm hoping to shave 10 seconds off a lap, but that might be optimistic still.

1. Track my car for the 1st time.
2. Make sure it's this year.
3. Don't let anything deter me from doing it.
4. Have fun
5. Come home with the car in one piece, parts in trunk doesn't count

I reference to #5 I think I'll be OK, I drive pretty hard when it's safe on the narrow back roads around here but only when long range visibility allows it.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel