The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

UPCOMING NEW PRODUCT RELEASE! Quick Release Fire Extinguisher Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
SUPER COOL NEW PRODUCT! Everyone should have an accessible fire extinguisher handy in their vehicle. This can be done in many ways by many manufacturers, but how easy is it to remove in an emergency, when time matters most? My own previous generation design didn't get the job done right. Pull a pin, then slide out the extinguisher from the holder? NO WAY! When you need the fire extinguisher, you are likely in distress. A removal procedure should not be anything you need to worry about at that time...you've likely got enough on your plate at that moment!

I have been working on this design for the better part of a year. Design. Build. Test. Rinse and repeat. The criteria was single action removal with one hand, compatibility with multiple extinguisher sizes and zero risk of unintentional release due to shock, vibration and g-loads, as well as being a more cost-conscience choice. One brand does single action. Multiple brands do compatibility. Multiple brands are shock safe. Many are reasonably priced. NOBODY does it all ...until now!

The single action lever on the side of the extinguisher body allows you to grab the extinguisher and release it from the mount with one squeeze. You've got that sucker out as fast as pulling the trigger of a gun!

The Worm clamp holds whatever size bottle you want. The V-shaped saddle will keep it planted. Not using a fixed size billet clamp (which does look admittedly cooler), saves a ton of material and machine time, which dropped the cost significantly!

The symmetrical base takes the guess work out of which way it should clip in. Its 2 counterbored holes allows it to be mounted to any flat surface (with mating holes drilled).

The class-exclusive patent-pending retention system will not let the extinguisher release unintentionally. The lever MUST be depressed to release the extinguisher. It can be mounted in any direction, even upside down! The lever has very little mass (less than 1oz) and utilizes dual return springs to make sure that even sudden vehicle impacts will not actuate it, yet it takes a gentle squeeze to release it.

The lightweight billet aluminum parts with stainless steel pins prevents corrosion and keeps this ultra-light. It will only add about 4oz to the weight of the extinguisher!

It retails for $169.99 (which is $80 less than the B&K quick release mount) and will have an increasing amount of mounting accessory options as they are completed. The first direct-fit mount will be the S197 Mustangs and will mount in front of the passenger seat (same as the previous design did). I expect to have the S550 Mustang mounts ready for release late next month, along with a billet aluminum rollbar mount in a multitude of sizes from 1.5" up to 2" for those 4x4 offroad rigs.

Release of the Universal Quick Release Fire Extinguisher Mount and the S197 Bracket will be late January. Other accessory mounting options will be added as they become available.

universal-quick-release-fire-extinguisher-mount.jpg

https://www.blowfishracing.com/safe...cb&id_shop=1&id_employee=1&theme=&theme_font=

Last edited:

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Yes, they are available as just the bracket. I dont have it up on the site yet though, so it has to be ordered manually. I’m on vacation starting now and will be back in the office on Monday 4/9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, they are available as just the bracket. I dont have it up on the site yet though, so it has to be ordered manually. I’m on vacation starting now and will be back in the office on Monday 4/9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Price on the bracket?
Ill give a call mid april for a bracket if they arent online by then.

TMO Supporting Vendors