The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

VIR Jan 26-27?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren, you can pay the full price with cash at the event. You'll make Boss number 11 in attendance, twice the number we had last year. Be sure to have a reg form filled out and all the other necessary paperwork with you so registration will be smoother.

Thanks,

Tony

Sesshomurai

Will do Tony. Look forward to it. And i have a poster print for you of 5 bosses from summit. Last year.

I just spoke with Tony who has spoken to the track (VIR). Here is the latest scoop:

We will be running from 10am to 5 pm both days instead of starting at 8 am. This will give us a chance to recon the track for any ice or other hazards that may be present, and if necessary cone those spots off. Weather channel predicts Cold and high of 39* on Saturday and 40* with sun on Sunday. Be careful on Friday coming down as they are predicting a wintry mix.

Just keep in mind that street high performance tires are designed for temps in excess of 40*, so our grip levels will be less than optimal. However, I believe that with proper technique and some patience all will be fine and there will be plenty to learn. I liken it to a rain event where smoothness pays huge dividends and makes you an overall better driver at speed.

I look forward to meeting some new friends this weekend!

Sesshomurai

The severe 'pink blob' is right over Danville. :'(

map_wkpln_day4_3usec_enus_440x297.jpg

GA
LostPony said:
I think the pink blob is a mix. I'm more concerned that it is all snow north of Danville, that's the direction I'm coming from! Should be interesting on my new Conti ExtremeContact tires!

My Conti DW's have been better in the cold than the Pirellis, but snow I don't know...

I went to pick up my tires today and they had the wrong size fronts, and wrong compound for the rear. Fingers crossed that they have them in by Friday. I'm running on my old 255/45-18s on SVT 18x9.5 wheels from the '06 GT I had before the Boss. I could run on them but would prefer to have some real rubber under the car!

KNS Brakes

Supporting Vendor
Cary NC
The Outlook is improving a bit

Sat
Jan 26
44°
22°
Partly Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN:
10%

WIND:
NW at 10 mph
Details
Sun
Jan 27
42°
31°
Mostly Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%

WIND:
SE at 4 mph
Details

It's an upper level disturbance that is still in the far northwest.

I would expect the forecast accuracy to be not great and we could see it go either way a good bit if the jet stream moves one way or another.

Next up Sports w/ Bob :)

PS

We will bring some brakes so if you are interested please stop by our trailer.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
well, in case y'all haven't checked up on the event status on the svt site, option 2 is the front-runner. that option put off track time on satuday until 1pm. so, now the question is, will the lodge let me change my reservation. if not, im coming down friday night and im either going to the bar there if its open or going to bring a bottle of captain, some coke zero, ice and cups 8)

Tony, can you give us an update on the decision and if friday's dinner is still on for the folks who made reservations for friday night?

and to get us all in the mood for some track time, i took a pic of my car this morning. she's ready to run!
20130124070052.jpg

Sesshomurai

I like your style puff! Well my car is 3" off the road so i thought about taking her out to plow my driveway.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
darreng505 said:
I like your style puff! Well my car is 3" off the road so i thought about taking her out to plow my driveway.
you are welcome to join me. hell, everyone should...we can have some lively bench racing the night before!

i like your mustang plow idea! i see a small plow attachment for my front tow hook kit! if it can be safely pulled, why can't it safely push? i should try to whip one up. a nice vee blade. i will be the pace car on the trip down tomorrow! then it can double as a super low bad ass splitter! like this...
mustangplow.jpg

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
well, i called the lodge this morning. they were very accomodating of the schedule change and allowed me to drop tonight's reservation. so, i will be coming down tomorrow morning. whomever is travelling today, be safe. b'more area is only 1" accumulation, but around VIR, they are saying 1-3, ending by 5pm.

only sucky part is i can't get my crunk on tonight, since i will have to leave the house at 5am :(

Sesshomurai

Here's what I want you to do. Since you have to have your driver side window down while on the track, I'd like you to wear a bright red scarf (earmuffs optional) and have it flapping out your window as you wind around the track and get a video of it. Ok?

;D

TMO Supporting Vendors