The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Vorshlag Camber Plates for occasional track use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello all, coming up on 3 years ownership of my Boss and I finally think I will have some time to occasionally go to the track.

I have done some basics; brake cooling ducts, ATE brake fluid, trans cooler scoop, 302S grill, rear axel reservoir, and MGW shifter (yet to be installed). I hope to get to the track 3-4 times per year and I am looking for a few upgrades to do this winter. The camber plates seem to be highly recommended.

Do you guys running these change your camber for the track and then back for normal street driving? I put about 3000 miles per year on the car and I don't know if I adjust the camber out if it is ok to leave it that way for normal driving?

Thank you, -Keith

Welcome to BMO. Both the Vorshlag and Maximum Motorsports camber plates are very popular with our members. The MM should be fine if you want to save a few bucks.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
To answer your question, yes, most of us do adjust camber between street and track. Set camber to full positive on the alignment rack and mark the plates (pointer, paint, tape). Move the plates to full negative (or to your desired mark) at the track. Jack up the corner of the car, loosen the 4 13mm nuts, slide the strut inboard and tighten the four nuts to ~15ftlb. Repeat for other side.

This is for Vorshlag plates.

Tulsa, OK
I like to just set the camber and forget it, personally. Dial in as much camber as you're willing to live with for street use and call it a day since you don't drive the car all that often :) I use the MM plates

I run 2.7 - degrees camber, 0 toe, on the track and on the street. Granted, I do not put alot of street miles on (probably 2-3000 miles a year) and I also run an inexpensive set of tires just for the street. I see a little more wear on the inside but that is to be expected. For me it is not worth it to change the camber back-in-forth.

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
JScheier said:
To answer your question, yes, most of us do adjust camber between street and track. Set camber to full positive on the alignment rack and mark the plates (pointer, paint, tape). Move the plates to full negative (or to your desired mark) at the track. Jack up the corner of the car, loosen the 4 13mm nuts, slide the strut inboard and tighten the four nuts to ~15ftlb. Repeat for other side.

This is for Vorshlag plates.

I did something similar except, I had a street alignment done, and the tech marked the camber plate and the strut tower at that location. Once at the track I go full negative camber, once done at the track I simply align the marks to return to street use
Also you only have to loosen 2 of the nuts on the strut mount(per side) to set camber on Vorshlag plates!

j3st3r said:
I did something similar except, I had a street alignment done, and the tech marked the camber plate and the strut tower at that location. Once at the track I go full negative camber, once done at the track I simply align the marks to return to street use
Also you only have to loosen 2 of the nuts on the strut mount(per side) to set camber on Vorshlag plates!

I have Vorshlag cc plates, adjust only 2 of the 4..wow which 2? inside ones?

Jerry Cecco

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel