The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Vorshlag updates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domestic Product said:
For those that are interested Vorshlag has a great write up and video of the Bilstein package its a good read. Informative even if you are not interested in the product. For those of us that have tracked our Boss's stock it will have you laughing.
It's ok to post links to articles and video. ;)

I have P springs and the Multimatic spec'd Ford Racing 18000-C dampers and I wouldn't call it a night and day difference but it is quite noticeable over stock. My car has less body roll and brake dive and my car now has a lot less unnecessary movement while on track. I was concerned about lowering my car too much and with 18" track wheels my car now sits a lot lower than stock and that's why I chose the P over the K springs. I also drive my car on the street although it's not a DD. I look forward to Vorshlag posting the spring rates.

Here's the video, this kit looks impressive.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Oyd4GB4dqZw[/youtube]

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=141_142_179&products_id=559

OK there it is. The link that is. See above. Vorshlag rocks.
I have ordered the Vorshlag/Bilstein package with K springs. Along with the White line panhard bar, brace, lower control arms and relocation brackets. I'm like a kid at Christmas can't wait till it all shows up. Want to drive the car at speed with these changes....... Then next on the list from Vorshlag (see a trend here) White line front and rear sway bars, D force wheels 18 x 10 with some sticky rubber mounted. 285/something 4 square. Tires from others, hey its hard to beat tire rack.
I hope to have all installed by the 21st as my next track day is the 22nd at the Ridge. http://www.ridgemotorsportspark.com/
It is a awesome new track here in the pacific nw. Check it out.

I think you're going to love the setup on the track. Probably on the street too, but it'll be firm for sure. Hold off on the sway bars until you do the first round of mods and hit the track.

I've thought about that kit... I'd like to hear an honest review once you've got 'em. I haven't been able to find any 3rd party reviews at all.

Think these are better than adjustables?

Domestic Product said:
http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=141_142_179&products_id=559

OK there it is. The link that is. See above. Vorshlag rocks.
I have ordered the Vorshlag/Bilstein package with K springs. Along with the White line panhard bar, brace, lower control arms and relocation brackets. I'm like a kid at Christmas can't wait till it all shows up. Want to drive the car at speed with these changes....... Then next on the list from Vorshlag (see a trend here) White line front and rear sway bars, D force wheels 18 x 10 with some sticky rubber mounted. 285/something 4 square. Tires from others, hey its hard to beat tire rack.
I hope to have all installed by the 21st as my next track day is the 22nd at the Ridge. http://www.ridgemotorsportspark.com/

You may want to install the front sway bar at the same time you install the front struts it makes for far less installation time and effort. Thats just me however.
It is a awesome new track here in the pacific nw. Check it out.

Has anyone heard back from the official Vorshlag published spring rates yet?
IIRC, I was told by a representative that the P springs are 175/122 and BTS springs are 134/113.
The rates look low but it's because the published rates are rates at static ride height.
No idea what stock Boss ones are at static height...

boro92 said:
Has anyone heard back from the official Vorshlag published spring rates yet?
IIRC, I was told by a representative that the P springs are 175/122 and BTS springs are 134/113.
The rates look low but it's because the published rates are rates at static ride height.
No idea what stock Boss ones are at static height...

Actually, most spring ratings we read online seem to be rated at almost full compression.

At ride height these are the measurements I took at Vorshlag.
T Springs F127 R180 (Same as stock GT, but lower)
K Springs F188 R221 (Best combo for spring rates and height, must use a stiff front bar)
P Springs F204 R165 (Best spring ratios, but too high for my taste)
2011 GT Brembo F125 R181
2013 GT non-Brembo F110 R150
2012 Laguna Seca F129 R207

Modernbeat - Thank you thank you THANK YOU for taking those measurements and posting them! Clears up some misconceptions that people have about various spring rates.

John

Champale said:
Modernbeat - Thank you thank you THANK YOU for taking those measurements and posting them! Clears up some misconceptions that people have about various spring rates.

John

Seconded.
This data is super helpful!

To those with P springs -- how are they out on track? The rates are still very low--there must still be a lot of body movement on tighter tracks. Any feedback?

boro92 said:
Seconded.
This data is super helpful!

To those with P springs -- how are they out on track? The rates are still very low--there must still be a lot of body movement on tighter tracks. Any feedback?

They are at least 100% better then the stock springs IMO, the dive is very low, though I still notice some after getting harder pads, and the body roll is reduced pretty well, better sways would probably remove the rest.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Forget P,K, and T springs, what are the Continental Challenge GS cars running for spring rate. Those setups are going to be the closest to optimal with what we can consider production type suspension systems. Plenty of room to grow into those lap times (i.e. 2:01.xx at Watkins Glen or 55.xx at Lime Rock)
Steve

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
steveespo said:
Forget P,K, and T springs, what are the Continental Challenge GS cars running for spring rate. Those setups are going to be the closest to optimal with what we can consider production type suspension systems. Plenty of room to grow into those lap times (i.e. 2:01.xx at Watkins Glen or 55.xx at Lime Rock)
Steve

I see where you're going with this, but those rates would be irrelevant without dampers to match.

I was just about to say that comp springs are probably trash on even Koni Yellows, would need some serious dampers.

steveespo said:
Steve

Agreed.

Time to spill the beans...

VTBoss302

VTBoss302 said:
Agreed.

Time to spill the beans...

VTBoss302

I know that rates will be changed pending venue and conditions, but FWIW straight from the Boss 302S manual, the rates are:

600f 350r

Brandon302 said:
I was just about to say that comp springs are probably trash on even Koni Yellows, would need some serious dampers.

I don't know about that. It depends on what you find out the comp rates are. I remember them not being so high. I think I have some info at home that I can report later.

Meanwhile I can tell you that I run 350F/325R with Koni Yellows on my other car (<3000 lbs and not a Mustang ;) ) and it rides/handles beautifully.

Jimmy Pribble said:
I don't know about that. It depends on what you find out the comp rates are. I remember them not being so high. I think I have some info at home that I can report later.

Meanwhile I can tell you that I run 350F/325R with Koni Yellows on my other car (<3000 lbs and not a Mustang ;) ) and it rides/handles beautifully.

Nothing like hard data...

No school like the old school..

Thanks, again, Jimmy!

VTBoss302

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
modernbeat said:
Actually, most spring ratings we read online seem to be rated at almost full compression.

At ride height these are the measurements I took at Vorshlag.
T Springs F127 R180 (Same as stock GT, but lower)
K Springs F188 R221 (Best combo for spring rates and height, must use a stiff front bar)
P Springs F204 R165 (Best spring ratios, but too high for my taste)
2011 GT Brembo F125 R181
2013 GT non-Brembo F110 R150
2012 Laguna Seca F129 R207

Nice to see some actual data! 8)

But don't the P/K (and presumably T) springs jump up in rate in even the next half inch to inch of compression travel? All the Boss and Brembo GT springs that I've seen look rather linear.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel